Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Categories  (Read 4738 times)

bplewe

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple Categories
« on: August 17, 2004, 05:43:24 am »

This is a pre-newbie question.  I have gone through several gallery server programs, and they are all missing a vital feature I need.  Before I try Coppermine (which looks excellent, BTW), I need to know if you can assign an image (with associated descriptions) to multiple categories.  It doesn't look like it can.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Multiple Categories
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 09:18:26 am »

currently, you can't do that (although we're working on this feature for the next release). You will have to upload the pic multiple times in coppermine, sorry.

GauGau

NoOz

• Coppermine newbie
    • GaleriePhoto.org
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 02:06:42 pm »

Gaugau,

as I'm looking also for this feature for a long while, if you need help for testing (I dont code sorry...) I'll be there at September.

Stéphane

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 03:48:31 pm »

hehe, we're not short of testers, we could use coders instead ;).
You're welcome to check out the devel version and see the progress, but you have to understand that the devel version comes without any form of support. Currently, our webhost sourceforge is having troubles with anon and web cvs access; if you decide to look into the devel version and it's not available at the moment, please try later.

GauGau

ks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 09:06:15 am »

This sounds great! Is this feature already round the corner (some month) or will it take an unpredictable amount of time? Seems like a lot of work and it is also a challenge for the database query design if it is to be efficient for larger amounts of images and categories  ??? ??? ??? You may check out IMatch (win32, www.photools.com) for an excellent implementation of a category system.
Why does the present cpg relate the categories to the album and not the image? EVen without multiple categories available it would make more sense to relate an image to a category, imho.

klaus

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 10:17:08 pm »

Any progress on this?

I would like to create a category that features highlighted albums so I can present them on the front page. Because I have many albums and two levels of categories currently my front page is a bit bland with just category names, but I don't want to make it a flat structure as it ends up with too many albums. I just want particular albums on the front page.

Better still though would be the ability to have a special "best of" album or just a section that lets you show off certain photos on the front page.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 08:50:19 am »

there's no actual release date for the current devel version if this is what you're asking for. Please review the whole thread: the feature is there in the devel version, it seems to work, and you're welcome to check it out and test for yourself (as long as you keep in mind that the devel version doesn't come with support at all).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.