Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to build lasting relationship with experienced c. gallery installer  (Read 6507 times)

Dman

• Coppermine newbie

I'm looking for someone who can educate me if Coppermine would work for what I want to use it for.

The short of it is I'm looking for a auto gallery script that I can set up an individual gallery for different websites. I'm starting an adult based Web Site Network where we will be building different sites for many different girls. We all ready have a mega members area but we want to make a members gallery link in this area for each girls own personal members area.

I could do this just building each girl a members area in HTML, but I'm looking at the option of the auto gallery so each girl could update her own site and members area by just loading her stuff to her gallery...video and pictures instead of having to fed-x the cd's to me where I have to build HTML galleries and upload and build manual pages that are HTML based.

We are actively looking for girls on a daily basis to build their sites so every girl will need her own gallery or members area. This doesn't need to be anything fancy the theme will just need to be customized to match the rest of her site etc.

I have php and GD 2 running on my server.

This is long term because I will put in a request per every new girl we get into the network for a new gallery. I would also want to disable any long in feature as the members will already be logged in via .htaccess and htpasswrd. These are already paying customers loggin in.

I'm looking to pay on a gallery by gallery basis...we are hoping to have 50-100 girls in our network by the end of 2005 and I'm looking to pay $20-$30/Max per gallery installation...but if we get a 100 girls in the coming year that would be upward of $2000 dollars with you getting paid on a regular basis for every new gallery installed and set up.

I'm not completely sure how this will work because I'm not a Coppermine Gallery expert and not sure you can have multiple installations on one server as individual galleries for each individual website.

If there is anyone interested in this let me know or email me at dman@wifewatchersinc.com 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 01:47:23 pm by Casper »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

You can have as many galleries as you want on a server.  You can have them side by side on the same root, and as long as you have sufficient space and database space, there's no restrictions.

Providing your server has the minumum requirements, what you ask is fairly straight forward.  The installation will be easy, it's just the theming work that may take some time.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Dman

• Coppermine newbie

Hey Casper,

Well that is great news...I would want to pay this person via PayPal I already have two girls sites and working on a 3rd site...so I need two intinal installs already. These girls members areas are suppose to be live by Jan 1, 2005

I guess my question is Casper are you interested in this project and if so can you accept PayPal payments and when could you get started on getting the two I have installed.

Also whom ever takes on this project has to be over the age of 18 as you will be working on adult releated stuff.
Thanks

Note:

Also on the theme I will just want one major theme design and then I will want to use that one theme as a template and just change the colors to match each girls site. All the girls sites will have the exact same theme just differant colors to match their site. So I'm thinking there will just be one major theme design to build and tweak.

I basically just want a very easy and straight forward theme were the top of the page will have all the latest PhotoGalleries and the bottom half will have all the latest video galleries. This can be very a very simple design...nothing special really.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 07:05:20 pm by Dman »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Initially, I have to say no.  The person who does advertise an installation service is on holiday, and I don't want to steal his work.
Also, he and I both charge $40 per install.  While for a set number of installs that of course could be worked down, once the theme work was done, I cannot justify to others I have charged $40 why I would do these first contact installs cheaper.

I would consider doing these first 2 you want, at $40 each, plus an agreed amount for the theming.  You would then see my work, and I would only be committing to the 2 installs.  If we both subsequently agree to continue, we can come to an agreement about cheaper installs.

I would also need to give some of this work to Kegobeer, if he wants it, on his return.
I would also need assurances that anything I may need to use from your site will be legal, in respect of the content.
I'm in the UK.  Normal adult material with consenting adult models is ok. 
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Dman

• Coppermine newbie

Well the $40 dollars for the first two sounds fair to me. I have to get them done...so that isn't a problem....I have no problem with you and Keg of Beer doing these installs for me...having two people to call on is better then 1. My content is all legal per the 2257 code and records so that is not a problem either.

I do not have cpanel access to my server though as it is a major liability so everything is done via FTP or phpmyadmin....so hopefully that won't be a problem either.

Let me know when you would want to get started.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

*bump*
Is this still valid? I'm going through the threads in the "paid help" section to find the issues that have been done or are no longer valid and flag them accordingly.
@thread-starter: please reply; if you don't, I'll flag the thread as "invalid".

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

I am doing this work, which is now just an occasional new install.  Marking as done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.