Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching - Keywords - Does not work  (Read 3899 times)

alphaboy

• Coppermine newbie
Searching - Keywords - Does not work
« on: August 13, 2004, 07:29:16 am »

Hi,
I've placed a picture in an album with a list of keywords but only the title of the image seams to be "searchable".

none of the keywords are coming up!

http://www.uploadspace.com/mm/

Can anyone help?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 07:04:05 pm by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Searching - Keywords - Does not work
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 12:00:16 pm »

It is working fine for me.  I looked at your list of keywords.  Clicking on them works, and so does going to the search page and typing in a word.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

alphaboy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 05:40:26 pm »

Yes, everything is working perfectly now, the think I was doing wrong was using comma's to seperate each keyword. I later found out that the searches were working if I used the comma at the end of the keyword.

So say I was searching for "ball" I used "ball," and it would work.

The solution was to export the database to CSV format in PHPmyAdmin and use excel to find an replace each "," to a " " or space. Then I used MS Access to Import the Excel file (xls) and exported to Access csv using the export option to match the file import function available from PHPmyAdmin.

If anyone has this similar challenge don't hesitate to contact me if you need more help!

Cheers -> my msn messenger is alphaboy_at_alphaboy.com

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 05:47:50 pm »

Quote from: Upload Page
"Keywords (separate with spaces)"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 07:02:28 pm »

although it is on the features-wishlist (or to-do list, if your prefer this), you currently can not use any separator you want. I'd prefer spaces as well, but as Nibbler pointed out: currently you have to separate keywords with spaces.

GauGau

P.S. Your initial question is actually a support request. Next time, post support question on the proper support board instead of "general discussion", as this board is meant for other purposes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.