Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling User Uploads  (Read 3511 times)

webmanoffesto

• Coppermine newbie
Controlling User Uploads
« on: August 13, 2004, 12:16:11 am »

I want to carefully control who is allowed to upload pics to my coppermine site. How do I do that.

I want either only me to be able to upload. Or maybe me and two of my friends can upload.

Can I set a password that would block out the general public but that I could give to my family. That way general public is blocked out, my large family can view the albums, and only me and my two friends can upload.

I installed on Lunarpages.com using Fantastico. I know nothing about SQL or MySQL.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 12:30:32 am by webmanoffesto »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Controlling User Uploads
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 02:07:00 am »

If you read the documentation you'll find out how to do what you want.  If you don't have a copy, download the zip from here and look in the /docs folder.

If you want to know how the devs feel about the Fantastico and Lunarpages, do a search for and read all about it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Controlling User Uploads
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 07:20:18 am »

upload permissions are controlled by groups membership. Those who are suppossed to be able to upload are just put into a special group.
As kegobeer already suggested: the fantastico build sucks and can't be supported here on this board. You're bound to run into troubles using it.
The documentation that comes with coppermine should be your "bible", only come to this board if you can't find answers to your questions in the docs. Make sure to search the board before posting.

GauGau

P.S. Next time, post on the appropriate support board please.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.