Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Very Slow Image and button loads since upgrading to 1.3.1  (Read 3945 times)

vrviji

• Coppermine newbie

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the Gallery images ( thumbnails and button graphics ) take longer to load now ? I tried opening one other 1.3.1 gallery and noticed the same thing. But I can load images from other ( non Coppermine Gallery site ) fine.  Please let me know if anyone else has noticed this observable difference in load times now.

I am also checking with my ISP about this - but since all other sites do not have a problem - they do not really want to talk to me. So, maybe - just maybe - something here in Coppermine has changed.

P.S. I am new at this - so may have made mistakes. Am willing to be corrected.

Thanks,

Viji Rajasundram

http://www.sundram.org/cprmine

« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 10:15:52 pm by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Very Slow Image and button loads since upgrading to 1.3.1
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 07:21:46 pm »

Your site loaded at a speed I would expect for me.  Try using one of the other themes, that use less formatting and images, like water drop or classic, and see if that helps.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

vrviji

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 02:25:57 am »

Thanks - I did switch to the water drop theme. And you know what ? I like it. Now even if it is slow loading the buttons - I dont have to worry, since there are ... NO buttons ! Excellent. And the water drop theme is pretty pleasant too. Wish I could turn down the white background a little and make it a little greyer or creamier - just to take off the White glare. Like the background of this forum, which is easier on the eyes. Any suggestions ?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Viji Rajasundram

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 12:46:54 pm »

Yes, open your water_drop/stlye.css, and change the background colour of these sections;

Body, maintable, tableb, and tableb_compact.  Replace the current settings, which are #FFF, or  F2F5F7, to something like #D6D6D6 for a mild grey, or #D0DBFF for a very pale blue.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

vrviji

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 01:51:18 am »

Yes, it did the trick ! Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Viji Rajasundram
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.