Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture editor gives a 500 error on rotate  (Read 4441 times)

slaveri

• Coppermine newbie
Picture editor gives a 500 error on rotate
« on: August 12, 2004, 12:43:47 pm »

1. I searched the forum before and did not find a solution. For some reasons many topics say [solved] but do not provide an actual solution which is really annoying.

2. I have a virtual hosting and everything installed ok, but now when I try to rotate pictures I get a Picture Editor window, set required commands (rotate 90'', JPG quality, etc.) and when I click "Preview" or "Save Picture" I receive this:

Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: php.cgi

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Picture editor gives a 500 error on rotate
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 03:08:25 pm »

error 500 means your server is not set up properly. Do as the message suggests and contact your webhost.
Regarding the threads that are tagged as [Solved]: could you give an example, where the tag is there, but the original author's issue wasn't solved one way or the other? Of course, if someone posted "How can I set up coppermine, so it washes up my dishes and prepares a meal", the answer will be "This is not possible at all" and the thread will be flagged as [Solved]. The flag is basically there for the supporters on the board to quickly get to the threads that need looking into, and ignore those that don't need looking into.

GauGau

slaveri

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 03:52:39 pm »

error 500 means your server is not set up properly. Do as the message suggests and contact your webhost.
Regarding the threads that are tagged as [Solved]: could you give an example, where the tag is there, but the original author's issue wasn't solved one way or the other? Of course, if someone posted "How can I set up coppermine, so it washes up my dishes and prepares a meal", the answer will be "This is not possible at all" and the thread will be flagged as [Solved]. The flag is basically there for the supporters on the board to quickly get to the threads that need looking into, and ignore those that don't need looking into.

GauGau

We had 5+ sites running on this server for couple of years now. It might not be set up properly, but picture editor is the only functionality that gives it trouble. I don't think our hosting provider will be able to help with that, I hoped there were some people who had this kind of problems before who solved them. Maybe there is some configuration option that provides a workaround for hosting providers like mine?

As to the [Solved] flag - I've searched "rotation problems" and there were no real solutions, except for comments like the one you provided above.

slaveri

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 04:12:44 pm »

Followup:

When I click "Preview" in photo editor, it tries to load this link: http://www.eiroinvest.com/photoz/picEditor.php

When I try to load the same link (just by typing it in my browser window) without any GET variables like "&id=110" it gives the same 500 error. When I add any variable like "&blablabla=1", it loads the Editor...

Also, clipping without rotation works fine. Once I use clipping and actually clip an image, after that I can use rotation fine...

Some spooky stuff... may be a memory problem or something. I have images of size 640x480 and they can't get rotated. Once I crop an image it sort of works.

Is there a way to fix it? Maybe by moving from GD to IM ?????
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 04:26:57 pm by slaveri »

m0nty

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 03:56:24 am »

it maybe down to how the actual server is configured in php.ini..

ie max post size and time out, or some memory limit they have set.. if these are too low it will cause the script to end prematurely, giving an error 500..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.