Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remove class container from "powered by cpg" sig  (Read 5498 times)

rbl

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://lomoblog.com/
remove class container from "powered by cpg" sig
« on: October 21, 2003, 08:47:52 pm »

One thing you guys could do is removing the
Code: [Select]
<div class="footer" align="center" style="padding-top: 10px;">...</div> from the "powered by" signature and leave only "Powered by <a href="http://coppermine.sf.net/" target="_blank">Coppermine Photo Gallery</a>"

That way the users could:
 a) add their own class and/or style
 b) append or prepend more text

John

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 01:52:48 am »

yes good idea but for the moment you can texting/styling right after {gallery}. I think it would be a good idea if powered by wasnt using style, but then, i suppose someone would make white text and white background and hide the powered by if didnt know how to modify it directly.

rbl

• Contributor
    • http://lomoblog.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 02:46:24 am »

Quote from: "John"
yes good idea but for the moment you can texting/styling right after {gallery}

Yes, I know, but if you have tried that yourself you know that it's usefullness is very limited.

Quote from: "John"
I think it would be a good idea if powered by wasnt using style, but then, i suppose someone would make white text and white background and hide the powered by if didnt know how to modify it directly.

I don't believe that is a problem since you can do that now with the current class implementation, because no text/link color is specified inline.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 08:40:15 am »

the look of the "Powered by" tag can be adjusted with it's proper class definition in the stylesheet and this is enough. I know that a lot of users want to put something silly like "Powered by Coppermine, presented by me" into it, but I don't see the point of that (or I won't tell you how this can be done). You're free to add anything below it.

Thread closed

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.