Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my Post deleted?  (Read 3643 times)

tombmaster

• Coppermine novice
    • Tomb Of Jesus
Is my Post deleted?
« on: August 11, 2004, 03:19:50 am »

Where are my two posts.

In one of them, I was asking about the reason why my Karma is -1??
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 03:26:16 am by tombmaster »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Is my Post deleted?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 10:40:19 am »

I don't know, I didn't delete them - maybe some other moderator did. If he did, there was surely a good reason for it.
In fact you posted a question about this on http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8334.20#msg39214 as well, so we could count this posting as double- or cross-posting as well.
The dev team and advanced users with a high post count can give you positive or negative karma. You get positive karma if you help others or contribute a mod or a theme. You get negative karma if you don't respect board rules. In your case, you got negative karma for cross-posting.

I wouldn't care too much about the karma thing, basically it's a flag for the dev team to be able to track users who constantly make trouble. If the negative karma goes down too deep, steps will be taken against a user (ranging from a warning by PM to being banned from the board), but currently you have only -1, no need to be alarmed. If you're worried about this, there's an easy method to get positive karma (see above).

Please understand that the dev team has already enough work answering regular support requests, stop asking why moderators do what they feel is necessary. Instead, use some common sense.

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 01:06:43 pm »

Are you sure these posts actually appeared on the board, and did not fail for some reason.

The dev team, when removing a post from a board, for whatever reason, do not usually actually permenantly delete them, but move them to a special board available only to devs, so we can keep a check on persistant offenders, and have a full record of what was actually posted.

The posts you say are missing are not there, so it is unlikely a dev deleted them.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

tombmaster

• Coppermine novice
    • Tomb Of Jesus
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 08:25:02 pm »

Thanks GauGau and casper,

I used to run a very busy discussion forum myself with 100's of posts everyday so the rules and moving posts to dev. only sections you talked about is fairly understood.

I have no intention to cause any problem or whatsoever simply because I understand and even appreciate the posting priviliges on your forums. As I did on mine.

Will try to be a bit morecareful next time.

GauGau writes:
In fact you posted a question about this on http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8334.20#msg39214 as well, so we could count this posting as double- or cross-posting as well.

Also to clear it up. I got karma -1 before above two posts in 'quotation box' were made so above posts were not even there when I got -1. By making it clear here, I did not meant to start up a 'debate' with you over my innocence. I am mentioning it only just so you know.

Also it would be nice to have some sort of log feature to track 'who' gave members Karma. It will help members and management both.

Something that you might want to consider as admin. It will also save busy dev. team from some questions, from new members like me, which are just 'common sense'.

I am not worried about it anymore since you have kindly taken the time to explain.

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 08:41:37 pm by tombmaster »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 11:48:36 pm »

Also it would be nice to have some sort of log feature to track 'who' gave members Karma. It will help members and management both.

You should make a feature request at http://www.simplemachines.org
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.