Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting the warning page and access to all but the administrator  (Read 6712 times)

tsgraves

• Coppermine newbie

I understand how to disable the voting etc. that is easy. Can the login page be hidden ? I got disqualified on an award because the reviewer claimed this created a chat site. Even with the setting to off for the public it still has the warning page and the password set up. ..........Thanks TS Graves

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Deleting the warning page and access to all but the administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 11:41:31 am »

edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php and find
Code: [Select]
<!-- BEGIN login -->
                        <a href="{LOGIN_TGT}">{LOGIN_LNK}</a>
<!-- END login -->
Replace with
<!-- BEGIN login -->
                        <!--<a href="{LOGIN_TGT}">{LOGIN_LNK}</a>-->
<!-- END login -->

To log in as admin, you will have to go to http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/login.php manually...

GauGau

P.S. In the future, please search the board - this has been asked (and answered) before a thousand times.
P.S Is there any reason why your posting deals with something completely different than the subject suggests? In the future, make sure to use subjects that actually describe your problem, e.g. "Remove login link" or similar would have been a good choice

tsgraves

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 11:58:06 pm »

All that does is hide the 'login' link.... you just commented it out.   What I want is for the warning page to be skipped/removed/etc. and no password required.  Is that possible?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  -- I searched the boards for 'remove warning page', 'hide warning', etc.  and no results were found.
P.S.  -- Maybe you were confused.  Hopefully I just cleared things up -- the subject of this thread precisely deals with the discussion herein...

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 12:34:38 am »

I don't know what you mean by warning page.

tsgraves

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 02:22:23 am »

Clarification : Remove the Register and The Terms and Conditions page..........Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 08:08:53 am »

to remove registration, just go to coppermine config and set "Allow new user registrations" to "No". If there's no registration, no-one will ever see the "terms and conditions page".

GauGau

tsgraves

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 12:42:17 pm »

When I have done this in the past " turned off access to new users " I have gone back and it is on again?  I am the only administator. I can't have this show up it caused a disqualification twice now on an award rewiew............Thanks ;D 

tsgraves

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 12:59:06 pm »

I did everything as you instructed, both the access buttons are set at " No" . It still shows the Register, which still leads you to the terms and conditions page and  registration...........Thanks :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 01:46:43 pm »

Post a link, so we can have a look. Also, package up your custom theme folder into a zip and attach it to your posting (using the additional options link at the bottom left of the screen when composing a message).

GauGau

tsgraves

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 05:04:38 pm »

The link is http://www.tsgraves.com/pics/index.php?cat=10002 .............tsgraves

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 06:03:32 pm »

to get rid of the register link, edit themes/eyeball/theme.php, find
<!-- BEGIN register -->
                                                <a href="{REGISTER_TGT}" title="{REGISTER_TITLE}">{REGISTER_LNK}</a> |
<!-- END register -->
and replace with
<!-- BEGIN register -->
                                                <!--<a href="{REGISTER_TGT}" title="{REGISTER_TITLE}">{REGISTER_LNK}</a> |-->
<!-- END register -->
, but I'd be more concerned about the "Allow registration" - "No" setting in coppermine config not being taken into account; this means there's something fishy with your whole install.

As far as I can see from the output your page generates, you're running cpg1.2.1 (if this is true, you are posting on the wrong board, as this one is dedicated to cpg1.3.x) or you haven't upgraded properly from cpg1.2.1 to cpg1.3.x
Note that you mustn't use a theme that was designed for cpg1.2.x with cpg1.3.x, unless you apply all modifications that are mentioned in the theme upgrade guide that comes with the cpg1.3.x package.

GauGau

P.S. [off topic] you say you were running the page on a design competition - I can't see the legitimacy of this, as you're using a nearly unmodified version of the coppermine theme "eyeball". Although it isn't illegal, I personally wouldn't do this, as a question of moral... [/off topic]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.