Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spip Integration  (Read 3626 times)

Vampyre

• Coppermine newbie
Spip Integration
« on: August 10, 2004, 04:53:22 pm »

Hi all !

First of all, I would like to send a very big congratulations to the dev team ! Coppermine looks so awesome on the websites I visited, that I'm now planning to add Coppermine to my own web site.

(Just for information, could you excuse my english, as my mothertongue is french.)

My website is in fact a SPIP 1.7.2. (SPIP beeing a french cms). I would like to integrate Coppermine into my website so it is totally transparent. For menu integration it is no problem.

But for integration within my central page, I have no idea how to do it. Can an IFrame be the solution within a non fixed width website ?

Just in order to see where I would like to insert coppermine, you can check my website home page. Coppermine should take place in the center, leaving access to left menu and right menu.

Thanks for your time, patience, and attention,

Vampyre

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Spip Integration
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 05:27:44 pm »

Of course iframes have the same drawbacks as regular frames (fixed width, search engine un-friendliness etc.), but a "real" integration into a cms is a lot of work. I recommend another solution (similar to your forum which "breaks out" of your CMS-based site): you could set up coppermine integrated with your bbs, so users have to log in only once into your bbs and are then recognized by coppermine. You can easily modify the look of coppermine to match the look of your cms site or your forum, and add the primary navigation links that exist in your cms.

GauGau

Vampyre

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Spip Integration
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 05:47:50 pm »

Thank you for this quick answer ! And thank you too for your support, and effective answer.

I will now take some time to investigate the better way to include Coppermine within the website, or in the bbs (I must say I hadn't thought about it).

Thanks for your help !

Congratulations once again, and wish the dev team the very best for keeping Coppermine the best gallery I have ever seen... Gratz !

Vampyre
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.