Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Errors  (Read 8448 times)

stormyva

• Coppermine newbie
Errors
« on: October 22, 2003, 02:20:41 pm »

"Cant access this file from an external site"
That error keeps coming up when when a user that is not logged in attemps to access the Coppermine Galleries from the postNuke main page.  I have added the "guest" account to the coppermine user database.

Another error that comes up frequently when a user first opens the Coppermine page is....
Critical Error
There was an error processing a database query

I am stumped!

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 05:58:46 pm »

The first message is easily to overcome. Just edit the index.php within pnCPG and take out the check. In the docs directory is a file explaining what index.php is doing.
If you do not trust yourself in changing that, you could use the PostWrap option.

The second message is a puzzle for me too at this moment, can you identify under which circumstances this happens ?

Cas

stormyva

• Coppermine newbie
Steps to recreate database error issue...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 06:41:23 pm »

I found the information about to correct the external access error, Thank you.

For the other problem......
When I click on the link that I created on the Menu on my main page when it first accesses the Coppermine install it shows the Critical Error message.  If the user clicks any of the options after that everything works fine.

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Errors
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 08:38:28 pm »

So the module continues to work ?
how do you call pnCPG ?

Cas

stormyva

• Coppermine newbie
Errors
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 10:04:08 pm »

Yes the module continues to work
It is called with the {pnCPG} command as documented.
It only seems to do it when someone that has is not logged in is trying to access the coppermine pages.
I am thinking that it could have something to do with the "Guest" user but I cant tell for sure.  It doesnt appear to be a permissions issue as I have granted all to the "guest" account experimenting with it.  
I also can not get the pcCPG setting for "Update Coppermine users from Postnuke" to stay selected.  When I put a check mark there it is not saved for some strange reason.

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Errors
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 11:05:37 pm »

the setting "Update Coppermine users from Postnuke"  is not updated. This function is there to update Coppermine as a one off.

In the next version (1.5) i have added also the Guest account to overcome problems as you currently have.

Cas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.