Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Themes from DaMysterious  (Read 138035 times)

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
Bug in Hestia fixed
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2004, 04:45:12 am »

While playing around with Morpheus I did found a little bug this night that was nested in Hestia and I had to update the archive for public use. Reason, I simply forgot to include '{CAT_DESC}' at the right place in theme.php, so if you use the outdated Hestia you wil not see any catdescription if you have one.

Would you please update the demo and download to GauGau.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Themes from DaMysterious
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2004, 05:51:07 am »

Theme "Hestia": changes uploaded, thanks. Download - Demo

GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
Upcoming Helius & Iris
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2004, 08:11:11 pm »

More quality themes from DaMysterious are stil waiting to be released in a couple of days if the weather stay as bad as today  >:(.

View Helius life.
View Iris life.

Have fun with it!
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
NEW Theme Simpel Machines Forum (SMF)
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2004, 11:18:27 pm »

SMF is ready to be used  8).

View SMF life.
Download SMF from here.

Have fun with it!
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2004, 08:48:12 am »

DaMysterious, you rock! SMF-users will love this theme, matching the SMF default look.
May I suggest a little tweak although? The menu items are being displayed with a serif-font - the "original" comes with sans-serif afaik (also increases readability for smaller fonts). Could you consider changing that?
Another thing: SMF is not being released under GNU GPL, you should review their license and at least give them credit in your readme file, better still: talk this over with the SMF staff... You can't release it under your own copyright terms if the work is based on another one's license that doesn't allow this.

Coppermine SMF Theme: Demo - Download

GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2004, 10:31:39 am »

DaMysterious, you rock! SMF-users will love this theme, matching the SMF default look.
May I suggest a little tweak although? The menu items are being displayed with a serif-font - the "original" comes with sans-serif afaik (also increases readability for smaller fonts). Could you consider changing that?
Another thing: SMF is not being released under GNU GPL, you should review their license and at least give them credit in your readme file, better still: talk this over with the SMF staff... You can't release it under your own copyright terms if the work is based on another one's license that doesn't allow this.

Coppermine SMF Theme: Demo - Download

GauGau

The package is reworked to the readme and I wil drop the staff a message about that this afternoon. The tweak comes later this day (menu items = buttons GauGau?).
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2004, 11:14:52 am »

menu items = buttons GauGau?
Yes

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2004, 01:12:59 pm »

Great looking theme DaMysterious.

However I would like to strongly suggest that you also now try to make effort to make your themes valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional at least for the index.php thumbnail.php and displayimage.php

You might want to checkout the latest version of these these files if you want to check validation....
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2004, 11:05:19 pm »

menu items = buttons GauGau?
Yes

GauGau

Ready to rumble ;)! Catch it via the link some messages above. Don't panik, it's totally different to the first one.
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2004, 11:11:54 pm »

Great looking theme DaMysterious.

However I would like to strongly suggest that you also now try to make effort to make your themes valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional at least for the index.php thumbnail.php and displayimage.php

You might want to checkout the latest version of these these files if you want to check validation....

I've bookmarked the W3C page and wil take a look in to it.
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
SMF theme
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2004, 11:01:53 am »

I noticed you added the file "LewisMedia.txt" to your package - they have a paragraph in it that says
d. Any Distribution of this Package, whether as a Modified Package or not, requires express written consent from Lewis Media.
Do you have written permission from SMF to allow distribution of the theme in the download section of Coppermine. Please contact the SMF team and cc me in - I'll remove the download in the meantime.

GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
Re: SMF theme
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2004, 12:24:19 pm »

I noticed you added the file "LewisMedia.txt" to your package - they have a paragraph in it that says
d. Any Distribution of this Package, whether as a Modified Package or not, requires express written consent from Lewis Media.
Do you have written permission from SMF to allow distribution of the theme in the download section of Coppermine. Please contact the SMF team and cc me in - I'll remove the download in the meantime.

GauGau

I did send a copy from Lewis e-mail to you. I'm in contact with Lewis Media since yesterday as you could read.
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2004, 12:01:54 am »

OK, thanks - I got the mail. You won't need to update me on this conversation, just post if you got an OK from the SMF staff here (I don't need to see written proof), so I can add the SMF theme to the download section.

GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2004, 12:20:45 am »

OK, thanks - I got the mail. You won't need to update me on this conversation, just post if you got an OK from the SMF staff here (I don't need to see written proof), so I can add the SMF theme to the download section.

GauGau

Nice! Meanwhile my Smf and Coppermine are working like a charm together 8). For this config I had to place al tables in one database and chaning the sourcepath in Settings.php from Smf to 'C:/Inetpub/smf' for my WonderDoze ;).
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2004, 08:38:37 am »

This is really looking very cool, nice work. Are you working on Tarique's proposal to make the output xhtml-standards compliant? Clicking the W3C logo at the bottom of your coppermine page of course shows validation errors (because coppermine itself is not compliant), so I suggest removing the W3C logo temporarily (unless compliance is done). But don't get me wrong: I'm really looking forward to have this great theme "officially" approved by the smf team, so we can "officially" use it.

GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2004, 09:13:52 pm »

This is really looking very cool, nice work. Are you working on Tarique's proposal to make the output xhtml-standards compliant?
I taked a look into the W3C site indeed and wil try to make one theme W3C compilant as test the next weeks. I have to read and learn more abaut that.

Clicking the W3C logo at the bottom of your coppermine page of course shows validation errors (because coppermine itself is not compliant), so I suggest removing the W3C logo temporarily (unless compliance is done).

Removed!

But don't get me wrong: I'm really looking forward to have this great theme "officially" approved by the smf team, so we can "officially" use it.

GauGau

Me to! There is no answer back til now. The SMF-theme is completely ready after some cosmetical and technical changes. Half of this week I wil send a new e-mail to Lewis Media if no answer is received.
DaMysterious.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2004, 05:21:24 am »

I taked a look into the W3C site indeed and wil try to make one theme W3C compilant as test the next weeks. I have to read and learn more abaut that.
The best way to do this is to Validate the page - see the first error, read the explaination of that particular error and fix it - repeat till all the errors are gone (thats what I did :) )

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
Release NEW Theme Simpel Machines Forum (SMF)
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2004, 08:56:07 am »

SMF is ready to be used  8).

Written permission from Lewis Media is arrived.

View SMF life.
Download SMF from here.

All downloads for the SMF theme are enabled on my system. Read the enclosed LewisMedia.Txt. To them how did download SMF before this release, please donwload a fresh copy as there where changes in the code and layout. This themes is specially made for use with SMF.

Have fun with it!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 09:10:04 am by DaMysterious »
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2004, 09:01:13 am »

The best way to do this is to Validate the page - see the first error, read the explaination of that particular error and fix it - repeat till all the errors are gone (thats what I did :) )

I thought so Tarique. I wil try this with the new SMF theme within the next weeks.
DaMysterious.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2004, 10:49:54 am »

I thought so Tarique. I wil try this with the new SMF theme within the next weeks.

Thanks your initiative is very much appreciated
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 23 queries.