Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Changing Admin ID  (Read 3814 times)

DoctorWho

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Changing Admin ID
« on: August 06, 2004, 01:10:20 am »

Is there anyway to change the administrator ID I entered when I installed Coppermine short of uninstalling & reinstalling?  I wasn't thinking when I installed it that I need it to be the same as the admin ID on my phpBB forum so once I integrate them the admin of my forum is the admin in the gallery.  I know I can add another user as admin, I was just hopeing to change the main admin ID.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 09:28:23 am by GauGau »

jamz310

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Changing Admin ID
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 02:04:32 am »

Yes,

If you have phpmyadmin its real simple. Connect via phpmyadmin.  Click on Databases.  Cliick on ur coppermine database from the list ( might have others).
Click on cpq131_users or similar.  Click browse at the top. The list of users shows up below. Click the little paper/pencil icon on the line that contains the user.
Then you can type in new username/password..etc...

Jamz

DoctorWho

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 04:24:52 am »

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't have phpmyadmin available..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 07:22:47 am »

If you turn on bbs integration the admin account you created during setup will not be used anymore, no need to mess with it. It doesn't need to be the same than your bbs admin account (who told you so?).

GauGau

DoctorWho

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 01:47:50 pm »

If you turn on bbs integration the admin account you created during setup will not be used anymore, no need to mess with it. It doesn't need to be the same than your bbs admin account (who told you so?).

GauGau

Sorry, it was an assumption on my part, I was thinking that the admin ID on both Coppermine & phpBB would have to be the same for the admin features on both to work when switching between the forum & gallery.

Thanks for the info, saved me a lot of headache..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.