Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-scale and/or crop already uploaded images  (Read 3992 times)

nicke

• Coppermine newbie
Re-scale and/or crop already uploaded images
« on: August 05, 2004, 07:45:28 pm »

I uploaded a bunch of picture directly off my camera. They are a little too big (although I run CM on my own machine, with apache2triad).

I opened the pictures that did NOT have the prefix "normal" or "thumb", manipulated them, saved them using the same name.

Then I went into admin tool and asked CM to rebuild the album with the pictures I resized/cropped.

But - nothing seemed to have happened? CM did repord that the process was successful.

What am I missing? I could of course remove all images and then upload the manipulaed ones again, having to re-enter the comments, loosing the statistics...  :P

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Re-scale and/or crop already uploaded images
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 08:55:36 pm »

maybe the pics got cached in your browser. Did you try to force-refresh. Post a deep link to a pic in question.

GauGau

nicke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 10:01:24 pm »

Hi!

No, I refreshed my browser. The pictures in the database is right (800x600) but when I look at them in the gallery, the thumb and normal picture are OK, (at least they are cropped :-)) but when you click on the normal picture (to see the pic in full size) the  picture is HUGE on screen!

Somehow (but I do not understand how) the picture in the database (when looked upon in Explorer) is right, but Coopermine still thinks the picture is 2272x1704 (which is the pixel size direct from the camera, where the pictures were uploaded from from the beginning).

Another odd thing (but could be the reason this does not work) is that when I look at the "normal" picture, the picture ínformation states that the picture is 2272x1704. But I KNOW it's not - since I have cropped and re-sized the picture.  ???

Here's a link to the picture:

http://wikman.minidns.net/galleri/displayimage.php?pos=-106

« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 10:13:44 pm by nicke »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 07:28:06 am »

Oh yes, the dimensions of the original pic are stored in the database. Unless you want to delete and re-upload, use a database tool like phpMyAdmin and change the dimensions there. Once pics are in coppermine's database, you mustn't touch the files themselves with ftp.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.