Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: display quota left  (Read 6063 times)

rhydewithdis

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.vivrant.com
display quota left
« on: October 22, 2003, 03:33:54 am »

I allow people to upload pics to the user gallery - one feature someone asked me about was displaying to the user how much space they have left as per the quota.  i.e. if their quota is 1024kb, it would be stated along with how much space their current set of pictures occupy.   Thoughts?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
display quota left
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 08:35:25 am »

as it deals with a completely different feature I split this posting from the thread you originally posted to this new, standalone thread.
I think this'd be a good idea, and not so hard to accomplish.

GauGau

Dave

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://quintina.net
Display of remaining space for a user
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 06:28:17 pm »

Is there a way to make this display the remaining space for a user? I have my albums set for different limits for different groups and would like to be able to have the users know how much space they have left. For instance, "Specials" group is allowed 7 megs. One of my users has already uploaded 63 images of hers and I would like to have it show how much space she has left.

Also, is there a limit to how many images this will hold? If any of this is already answered, I apologize for the repeat. I searched but came up with nothing to answer my questions. If you can direct me to the threads with the answers, that would be appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
display quota left
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 10:45:40 pm »

This hasn't been answered yet (quota left), so I moved your posting to the one here at "feature requests". We have this on our todo list - if someone comes up with a hack - you're welcome!

There is no limit known for coppermine - nobody managed to have so many pics on the database that Coppermine couldn't cope - I've heard of people with 50,000 pics, so there's no reason to be afraid (except running out of hard disk space on your webserver :wink: ).

GauGau

bryan

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.bryanchung.per.sg
display quota left
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 01:07:37 pm »

This would be one feature I hope to see  :D

Inertia

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.alucinae.com
display quota left
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 04:06:26 am »

My members have asked for this also - just so they know when they are reaching close to their limit!

Would be great to see!

:D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
display quota left
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 04:22:09 pm »

Well, this feature already exists - but only if you don't use the bbs integration: "disk usage" is visible for each member in his/her profile.
The admin can see all quotas when clicking on "users" in the admin menu.

GauGau

Lacks

• Coppermine newbie
display quota left
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 05:21:28 pm »

Hi, I'm new to this board, been spending a couple of hours looking for just this, and decided to put a reply rather than a new topic... ;)

I'm in the process of testing/building an image host website. For this, I found Coppermine to be the best solution (awesome gig!)... but I also had requests from my users to add the amount of space left to the uploads page, instead of just their profiles.

I can imagine this being a niftier trick, since it saves you the annoyance of uploading a x00 KB picture for minutes (some of my users are behind a modem, and switching back and forth between an "action" page and the profile isn't really convenient, then), and ending up with nothing but a database ERROR (whoa!) for your troubles...

I've been trying to find a bit of a hack myself, but where can I retrieve the user ID to read the folder's contents, in order to determine used disk space?

I'm not much of a MySQL guru, and have only just begun to master the more intrepid parts of PHP, but holy cow... this Coppermine uses a lot of files and variables...

:)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
display quota left
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 06:58:40 pm »

I don't know how it works, as I'm no programmer, but the disc usage/allowed is shown on the usermgr.php, so you should see there where and how it gets the info.

search for disk_usage.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Lacks

• Coppermine newbie
display quota left
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 07:05:47 pm »

Cool!

I'll dive into it right away...

Thanks. :)

Lacks

• Coppermine newbie
display quota left
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 01:37:25 pm »

Well, that sort of sucks... the "uploads" page doesn't have a reference to the user ID, only the username. It's not until you start an actual upload that the opload manager takes over again. ID isn't set global, and setting includes doesn't do much good, either (or causes errors, if not applied carefully).

:(

Is there a way to find the user ID as opposed to user NAME from within uploads.php? All I need to know is the name of the user folder the files are going to be uploaded into... which is based on the ID.

Lacks

• Coppermine newbie
display quota left
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 01:55:27 pm »

I found something in the Addons/hacks section.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3003

Talk about your average keyword usage... ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.