Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is coppermine too powerfull for what I need?  (Read 4942 times)

SimonHickey

• Coppermine newbie
Is coppermine too powerfull for what I need?
« on: August 03, 2004, 07:42:43 am »

Hello all,

I run a gaming website www.reviewgamer.com and want to use a screenshot management system.  Many people have recommended coppermine, I have looked through its features and are finding that quite a few things that are in it I don't either want or need.
Can I remove the following from the the program so that I can use it to my needs or do I need to use a different program?
I want to be able to remove the ability for members (except for admin of course) to add comments, upload their own files etc.  Pretty much all I want to do is force the viewers with what the can see.

I would want them to see a list of the categories like - http://au.reviewgamer.com/modules.php?name=coppermine

and also be able to view the thumbnails for that category like - http://au.reviewgamer.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&cat=6

However I would like to remove the random pictures and keep the latest additons.

I would also like to remove the top header so that it looks part of the site and not part of a code for the site.  Also is there an ability to fully customise the colours and fonts?

I honestly appreciate any help!

simon.

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Is coppermine too powerfull for what I need?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 08:21:18 am »

Yea, it can do what you want. Take a look at how I customized it on my site, from the link in my signature.

-omni

SimonHickey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 08:29:46 am »

Oh i see, so its a matter of chopping away at the code!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 08:33:35 am »

no, you can set most things in the coppermine admin user interface. The ability to post comments is set in "groups" from the admin panel. Reading the documentation that comes with coppermine is strongly recommended, in your special case http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#group_cp

GauGau

SimonHickey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 02:18:18 am »

Hi GauGau,

thanks for that information.  Although very usefull for people like me that are n00bs to coppermine it still doesnt answer the following -
- I would like to remove the random pictures and keep the latest additons. I would also like to remove the comments and rating down the bottom so nothing is displayed there at all.  The admin panel doesnt give you the option to do this.
I'm assuming the code needs to be altered so that it does not display it any more if so does anyone know where the code is?

Also, what file and where do i need to go to remove the  
Login  
Album list  
Last uploads
Last comments    
Most viewed    
Top rated    
My Favorites    
Search  

fileds for users but not for admin?

I would also like to totally remove the banner up the top also.  I am having a little trouble trying to integrate it into my site.....

just in case you wanted to know what I am trying to achieve -
I am trying to integrate www.reviewgamer.com/screenshots
into www.reviewgamer.com
when someone click on the screenshots text on the left hand side where the nav bar is then it should go to the main page with coppermine in the middle....

once again any help would be much appreciated!

simon.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 02:25:52 am »

Commenting and voting features can be set on an album level using album properties or on a groups level using the groups panel. To remove links you would need to comment them out of theme.php, making sure you leave the comments around them intact. If you need them as admin, bookmark them. All this is in the documentation.

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 02:45:14 am »

Hi GauGau,

thanks for that information.  Although very usefull for people like me that are n00bs to coppermine it still doesnt answer the following -
- I would like to remove the random pictures and keep the latest additons. I would also like to remove the comments and rating down the bottom so nothing is displayed there at all.  The admin panel doesnt give you the option to do this.
I'm assuming the code needs to be altered so that it does not display it any more if so does anyone know where the code is?

Also, what file and where do i need to go to remove the 
Login   
Album list   
Last uploads
Last comments   
Most viewed     
Top rated   
My Favorites   
Search   

fileds for users but not for admin?

I would also like to totally remove the banner up the top also.  I am having a little trouble trying to integrate it into my site.....

just in case you wanted to know what I am trying to achieve -
I am trying to integrate www.reviewgamer.com/screenshots
into www.reviewgamer.com
when someone click on the screenshots text on the left hand side where the nav bar is then it should go to the main page with coppermine in the middle....

once again any help would be much appreciated!

simon.

:-\\ Dude, we answered your questions. The things you want to do can be set on the configuration page.....

- I would like to remove the random pictures and keep the latest additons. I would also like to remove the comments and rating down the bottom so nothing is displayed there at all.  The admin panel doesnt give you the option to do this.

see this link: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#changing

remove [fields] for users but not for admin?

You don't need to "remove" anything, just disallow user registration....
see this link: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#config_user

I would also like to totally remove the banner up the top also.  I am having a little trouble trying to integrate it into my site.....

see this link: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#creating

....as gaugau said:
Reading the documentation that comes with coppermine is strongly recommended, in your special case http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#group_cp

....All this can be found in the documentation.

-omni

SimonHickey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 04:42:37 am »

Guys, thanks very much, you were all right it was in the manual....  I have been doing the appropriate changes.  What an awesome system! 

Now to get it to integrate into my site! :)

I do have another question if I can ask it....

my actual site is hand coded php however I would love to use the screenshots hack at au.reviewgamer.com where the screenshots are scrolling from bottom to up as well as be able to have them static.  I would also like for these to be displayed by album does anyone know the code I could use?  Please don't say its in the manual as its actual code I would need.

Once again thanks for all your help, I must admit I do use a few forums and this one certainly has been the most helpful!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 08:40:43 am »

[:| We have a "one question per thread" policy on this board, you already asked millions of questions on this thread and you got answers. I suggest you take a look into board rules and use some common sense, you're not making friends here.

Nobody knows the screenshot hack you're talking about, and as long as you don't post a link to it, it will remain a secret. Could you please keep it secret for me? Neither I nor the other devs are inclined to help you set up your non-coppermine pages.

The bottomline of this posting is: read the docs, read the faq, search the board. If your question is coppermine-related and hasn't been answered yet, post it on the proper board (currently, you're on the "general discussion" board, which is a stupid place to ask for support in the first place). Before posting anything, use some common sense!

The links in your very first posting refer to a nuked site, this one is for the standalone version of coppermine only. For support on "Coppermine for CMS" (aka cpgNuke), go to www.nukephotogallery.com

GauGau >:(

P.S. how old are you?

SimonHickey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 08:54:24 am »

Appologies, Ill ensure that I don't take up anyone elses time.

Thankyou to everyone that assisted in my questions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.