Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move the footer to the bottom of the page  (Read 4473 times)

eliorusso

• Coppermine newbie
Move the footer to the bottom of the page
« on: August 03, 2004, 08:57:08 am »

I am trying to design my own theme and I would need to move the footer (Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery) to the very bottom of the page, I don't want it at the bottom of the albums.
I have a table cell at the bottom of my page where I wanted the footer text to be.
Any idea how to do it?
Thank you all.

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
Re: Move the footer to the bottom of the page
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 09:45:37 am »

themes->yourtheme->template.html

make a backup first :P

snork

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 09:46:23 am »

we won't tell, because telling you how to move it would also mean telling you how to remove it. I'm sure you don't plan to remove it completely, but others might. From the FAQ: How do I remove/edit the bottom line "Powered by Coppermine" ?:
You mustn't remove the line - it's part of the deal: you're allowed to use Coppermine on your site, but the line stays! It's more than justified to give credit where credit is due; be glad you're able to use such a great piece of software for free.
You are allowed to change the way the line looks by editing the CSS class to make it fit into the design of your site; edit /themes/yourtheme/style.css, look for the class "Footer" and change it as you wish.
[...]
We know, but we won' tell, because this would mean to show people how to get rid of the line for good. Please don't ask for this anymore [...]
Note: don't ask stupid questions on removing this line in the Coppermine Photo Gallery Support Board - your posting will be deleted!

[edit]
@snork13: what is your posting meant to be good for?
[/edit]

GauGau

snork13

• Contributor
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 10:05:42 am »

we won't tell, because telling you how to move it would also mean telling you how to remove it. I'm sure you don't plan to remove it completely, but others might. From the FAQ: How do I remove/edit the bottom line "Powered by Coppermine" ?:
You mustn't remove the line - it's part of the deal: you're allowed to use Coppermine on your site, but the line stays! It's more than justified to give credit where credit is due; be glad you're able to use such a great piece of software for free.
You are allowed to change the way the line looks by editing the CSS class to make it fit into the design of your site; edit /themes/yourtheme/style.css, look for the class "Footer" and change it as you wish.
[...]
We know, but we won' tell, because this would mean to show people how to get rid of the line for good. Please don't ask for this anymore [...]
Note: don't ask stupid questions on removing this line in the Coppermine Photo Gallery Support Board - your posting will be deleted!

[edit]
@snork13: what is your posting meant to be good for?
[/edit]

GauGau

what I thought was he was asking was to move the "powered by coppermine" lower while adding his own table above, or maybe even below. maybe i misunderstood his question?

snork13

Rodinou

• Contributor
  • Tournicoti, Tournicota
    • http://www.sortons.net
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 04:54:28 pm »

.footer {
         position: absolute;
         bottom: 0px;
         width: width you want;
}

eliorusso

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 09:39:29 pm »

Thanks GauGau, I figured the answer would be the one you gave, but I tried anyway.  I do not want to remove the line, just move it to the very bottom of the page, but I am sure a lot of people would (and some have done it already).  It just is out of place in my theme but I will live with it.
Thanks for all the work you put on this forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.