Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Button gone  (Read 5222 times)

rolo

• Coppermine newbie
Button gone
« on: October 22, 2003, 03:32:42 am »

Hi guys,
This happens after using the album for a time (and this is random...done a couple of reinstalls)
When I create a new album and add a bunch of pictures in it..I go to the ALBUM LIST>PROPERTIES and I see the button to set the permissions is gone   :shock: (http://www.xs4all.nl/~vivi2561/copper.jpg)...the other thing that seems to happen at the same time is that anonymous users can view the top rated, last uploaded pics etc... they can also search for pictures...There are no public pictures on my album (and the anonymous user does not see a thing under "albums") so I wonder how this is possible...I have worked around the second issue by removing the html code so that only login and album list buttons appear at the homepage but it's still a pain in the ...

I hope someone has an idea...

rolo

• Coppermine newbie
Button gone
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 04:01:08 am »

Ok so I found the code in modifyalb.php referring to this section and these are the defaults:

array($lang_modifyalb_php['can_view'], 'visibility', 5),

If I change this value to 0, 1, 2 , 3 or 4 the field is displayed (the wrong one but it's displayed..) when I change it back to 5 ( that one should give me the ability to configure who can view this album) it's gone again... :cry:  beats me....

Help anyone?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Button gone
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 08:55:02 am »

got a link? What version of Coppermine? BBS integration yes/no?

GauGau

rolo

• Coppermine newbie
Button gone
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 10:52:23 am »

I have sent you the URL and username/pw in PM

It's coppermine 1.2.0 - RC2 no BBS integration. It's running on Win2000 Pro SP4, MySQL 4.0.15, PHP 4.3.3 and Abyss web server http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/ (weird choice I know..)

If you want to get the search and other buttons back choose default theme..let me know if you need ftp access so I can set it up.
I also put some pictures into the albums folder so you can create a new album using batch add (in gaugau folder)...saves you the upload time...

Thanks for trying.. :wink:

rolo

• Coppermine newbie
Button gone
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 02:11:04 pm »

Ok i did a separate install on another machine. After configuring the album as I want it to be (did not change any files manually) I reproduced the problem straight away...when I reset the config to default I can access the button again.. :lol:

I am going to do a step by step config change to see where the problem is... :roll:

rolo

• Coppermine newbie
Button gone
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 02:22:28 pm »

Found it...

If you set "user can have private gallery" in configuration to "NO" the "Album can be viewed by" In the permissions for the album disappears..

Can anyone check this and tell me I have not gone mental from clicking all the buttons?

(damn I am talking to myself a lot..)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.