Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP ME: "Unable to connect to database!"  (Read 3634 times)

bullseye

• Coppermine newbie
HELP ME: "Unable to connect to database!"
« on: August 01, 2004, 01:59:27 am »

For the past month, my coppermine gallery has been working flawlessly, until a few days ago.

A few days ago, I recieved this error upon attempting to view the gallery:

[size=115pt]
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said:
[/size]

(yes, there is nothing after "MySQL said:" in the error msg.... wierd)

I don't know whats wrong! The gallery is integrated with the phpbb forums on my site, and the forums seem to be working. The MySQL database I use for the forums and gallery still exists and functions properly.

Whats the problem??  Can anybody help me?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 06:28:26 am by bullseye »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: HELP ME: "Unable to connect to database!"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 08:24:19 am »

either your webhost has changed something (unlikely), or the file that holds the database data has got corrupt. Take a look at the file http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/include/config.inc.php (you will have to download it to your local machine, it only exits on your server, as it's being created by the coppermine install routine) and check if it holds the correct data to connect to your db. If the file should be broken, try to re-create it (take a look at the sample file that comes with coppermine to get an idea how the file is supposed to look like).
For details, a link to your page (and a test account if necessary) might be helpfull.

GauGau

bullseye

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 10:52:36 am »

hmm... wierd... everything is fine....

i'm thinking about reinstalling it... is there any way i could backup my albums without having access to the gallery?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 08:45:59 am »

what do you mean by "without having access to the gallery"? You can backup coppermine by downloading the contents of the albums folder (with everythingt that is in it) to your hard-drive and you can backup your database using a tool like phpMyAdmin (see http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=BackupDatabase#BackupDatabase ).
If your coppermine gallery is working fine I would recommend you don't re-install but keep it running.

GauGau

bullseye

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 07:59:56 pm »

alright, i backed up the albums and the database. i'm gonna reinstall the gallery.

lets hope this works.

oh, and thanks for all your help and support so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.