Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add In Increments of X  (Read 4433 times)

G-Daddy

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add In Increments of X
« on: July 31, 2004, 10:09:33 pm »

My host isn't really anal about the batch upload used in coppermine, but he did point it out  :D
"Host: why is coppermine doing 19 pics at once?"
"Host: yikes"

He's kosher with it and all but I would like to be able to control the amount of pictures done in a batch upload anyways (for shits and giggles). I know you can set page timeout etc, and I could remedy the situation by not uploading so much to one folder, etc. But what I was thinking about is perhaps if there was a dropdown box asking "number per page" with options like 10, 20, 30, etc and after clicking "insert pictures" it does that number of pics and has a link/button near the bottom saying "continue". This could alleviate the issues of some hosts saying the batch add is insane and help those who want more "control" over the process.

I did a light search to see if this topic had been covered but uncovered nothing. If it's a rehash of an old topic, please disregard and tell me to stick a pickle in my ear. Thanks for listening.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Add In Increments of X
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 07:59:29 am »

There are checkboxes in front of the pics, why don't you un-check some of the pics? Batch-add will only add those that are checked. I don't understand your request fully...

GauGau

G-Daddy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 08:51:43 pm »

It's just when you have 800 or more pictures to batch add, unchecking and checking is quite time consuming.
and with the below I could click uncheck all, then check 25 indivual pictures, and repeat but.

Lemme try to step you through it.

You click on 'Batch Add Files'
You select your folder and destination album.
The page showing the images appears.
At the top of this page is a dropdown box (1-200 in increments of 25 or so). We'll select 50 for this trial
We make sure all 573 pictures are checked and we click insert pictures.
On the next page instead of it usually showing all 573 pictures and it only shows 50 while it inserts them into the album (the part that server admins think is crazy is usually this step.).
At the bottom of this page is a button that just says 'Continue'.
Continuing brings us to the next page which has pictures 51 - 100 and it inserts them.
then 101 - 150.. etc etc. until we are done with all 573.

If you just hold off on hitting continue between each "split" batch you can save the server from being strained as much as it usually is when adding batches as large as that. It's not as fast as normal because you have to manually click continue each time, but that's the trade off.

If this seems like I'm whining about not wanting to check 25 images each time, then by all means just tell me it's a stupid idea and i'll go try to do it myself.  :-*

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 08:10:26 am »

Planning ahead and putting the number of pics you want to add in one go into a sub-folder does the trick for me.
Of course you're welcome to come up with a hack that will add the functionality you're requesting ;)

GauGau

mstralka

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 03:23:24 am »

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I created a hack that will let you (or users) use a java applet called JUpload to upload multiple photos at once, and then move them to albums all on one page, instead of on separate pages, and you won't have to uncheck checkboxes.  You will still have to upload in batches, but it may help.  See this post
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8199.0

GO IRISH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.