Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album can be viewed by specified users (not groups)  (Read 5133 times)

milda

• Coppermine newbie
    • Mildas web
Album can be viewed by specified users (not groups)
« on: July 30, 2004, 09:20:24 am »

I like to set up rights (who can view category) not for groups but for users.
Example:
I have users A, B, C, D and E and I want to:
-category1 is viewable for A, B, C
-category2 is viewable for B, C
-category3 is viewable for A, B, C, D
-category4 is viewable for A, C, D, E

so now I must create groups for all this permutations (or for whole categories).
I am new in coppermine so maybe I missed something. So is there any way to do that? I dont think so.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 09:52:36 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album can be viewed by specified users (not groups)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 09:34:54 am »

no, but setting permissions by user is not a good idea, that's why groups have been created. You'll find that in most advanced apps or operating systems, groups permissions are better than user permissions, giving you a much more flexible approach.

Please understand that this board is labelled "feature requests" and is exactly what the name says. There's no support here, you just requested a feature for a future version of coppermine and I just tried to explain to you nicely that this feature won't go into a future version.

GauGau

milda

• Coppermine newbie
    • Mildas web
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 11:12:10 am »

no, but setting permissions by user is not a good idea, that's why groups have been created. You'll find that in most advanced apps or operating systems, groups permissions are better than user permissions, giving you a much more flexible approach.

Please understand that this board is labelled "feature requests" and is exactly what the name says. There's no support here, you just requested a feature for a future version of coppermine and I just tried to explain to you nicely that this feature won't go into a future version.

GauGau
thats OK. I know that group permissions are better than per-user permissions.
So I just want another thing: allow to view specific album to more groups not only for one....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 01:53:15 pm »

users can be members of multiple groups, so I suggest for now you just create an additional group and add the members who are suppossed to see the album to that particular group. We're currently considering a complete overgaul of the permissions system, but we're not sure when and in which way it will be released.

GauGau

milda

• Coppermine newbie
    • Mildas web
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 09:40:02 am »

users can be members of multiple groups, so I suggest for now you just create an additional group and add the members who are suppossed to see the album to that particular group. We're currently considering a complete overgaul of the permissions system, but we're not sure when and in which way it will be released.

GauGau

I think best solution will be that users can have multiple groups (wich is allready done) and galleries can have multiple groups permitted to view.
But it is OK. Ill wait to next wersion and will see. For now I will use multiple groups on user.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.