Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PayPal $75 (or best offer) for new Coppermine theme - ASAP  (Read 8099 times)

danad

• Coppermine newbie
PayPal $75 (or best offer) for new Coppermine theme - ASAP
« on: August 26, 2004, 08:54:32 pm »

I need a Coppermine theme made for a web site I'm working on. The gallery will be shown in an iframe, so I need a number of the visual elements removed. I need it to be made as a theme, so that I can go back and change the theme when I need to access other parts of the functionality.

Coppermine is already installed (and running properly) on the server, so all I need are the theme files. Also, only I will be uploading the photos and performing the admin functions, so the theme only needs to have the following elements changed.

This needs to be completed fairly quickly, so please let me know your availability when emailing me.

Here's a list of what I need, based on the "Project vii" theme:
- Remove title and background (background should only be white)
- Remove top navigation bar (Album List, etc.), but keep a text link on all pages to return to the album list
- Remove secondary button bar (Upload Approval, etc)
- Remove statistics in top row of table
- Remove last updated statistic from album description (e.g. it says "26 pictures, last one added on Aug 16, 2004", it should now only say "26 pictures")
- Album listing itself is unchanged
- Remove Random pictures area
- Remove Last additions area

On the Album page:
- remove "Title, File Name, Date" info at top right
- When viewing a single picture:
- remove "Display/Hide Picture Information" button
- remove Picture Information (at bottom) altogether

Any questions or comments, please feel free to ask! PM me if interested.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 09:17:33 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: PayPal $75 (or best offer) for new Coppermine theme - ASAP
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 11:04:15 pm »

Remove secondary button bar (Upload Approval, etc)
no need to remove this, will be only visible for admin anyway.

Some of the modifications you request will need more than just changing a theme, but will also need changes in other files of coppermine. Not hard, but keep in mind that modifying coppermine core files will make it harder for you to upgrade to future versions, as all mods will have to be re-applied. I also recommend reviewing the idea of integrating coppermine using an iframe (as there are lots of drawbacks when using this method).
Nearly all of the things you request to have made have been discussed already on the board - I recommend to try the modifications by yourself - is a lot more fun, and you will learn a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I won't apply for the job ;) - I suggest you take a quick glimpse on the sticky thread on this board though to find out why it's a bad idea to request initial contact by email...

GauGau

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 03:59:45 am »

PM danad

danad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 05:33:07 am »

Thanks GauGau. The problem is that I'd love to learn Coppermine, but I don't really have the time right now - this is a project that dumped in my lap by a client, and they pretty much needed it yesterday. Hence, my post here!  :)

Foulu is helping me out right now - but I definitely want to take time to learn it in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.