Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some more questions in upgrading from cpg 1.3.0 to 1.3.1  (Read 3028 times)

clairobscur

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
Some more questions in upgrading from cpg 1.3.0 to 1.3.1
« on: July 31, 2004, 09:26:01 am »

1. When I only upgrade from version 1.3.0 to 1.3.1, do I still have to run the upgrade.php file in my browser after overwriting most of the old (for security reasons copied) files and directories?

2. An do I have to replace my language files as well in this upgrade or can I just keep these? The Dutch language files were really lousy translations (a mix from half Belgian and half Dutch). It took me hours to adjust this. So I am not very amused about overwriting these just for this upgrade.

3. As admin I intend to make a serie of subcategories in the large 'user category'. When I make these new categories I do not succeed in making the general 'user category' as a parent category of the newly made categories, because in the unfold-menu of the 'categories' screen, the 'user category' is not mentioned and is just a blank line.
Neither I am able to transfer these new categories as subcategories in this 'user category' by means of the 'move into' procedure also placed on the admin 'categories' page.
Could you please suggest me a solution with which I will be able to do this correctly, or is there a specific MOD for this possibility that I have overseen?
Thank you very much for your appreciated help and reply. Best regards.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Some more questions in upgrading from cpg 1.3.0 to 1.3.1
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 01:05:03 pm »

1.  Yes.

2.  Use a utility like winmerge to see the differences between the original and new dutch lang files, and just copy these changes to your modified file.

3. This simply cannot be done.  The user galleries is a special cat, and each user already has their own sub-category, into which their albums are put.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

clairobscur

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 01:31:02 pm »

Thank you Casper for your clear replies. Too bad that I'll have to make the translations again!
Anyhow, in Holland they say: it keeps you from the street !   ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 08:30:21 am »

The language file from cpg1.3.0 and cpg1.3.1 don't differ, you can use the one you customized for cpg1.3.0 with cpg1.3.1 as well.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.