Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens to existing members when you apply a bridge?  (Read 5403 times)

peakoverload

• Coppermine regular visitor
What happens to existing members when you apply a bridge?
« on: July 30, 2004, 12:18:38 am »

I've just found a bridge file for the Mambo CMS and am interested in applying it to my site but I having never done anything like this before I wonder what happens to existing members.

Currently I have my Mambo site running off one database and Coppermine running under an iframe using a seperate database therefore members have to register in both areas.

If I apply the Mambo bridge what happens to existing members who are already registered in Mambo and in Coppermine? I'm thinking in particular where I have applied a mod where I can display all photos by a particular member.

So to take my name as an example:

Peakoverload is registered in Mambo and In Coppermine. I have uploaded 10 photos into Coppermine and if someone clicks on the "Show All Photos By This Member" they see all 10.

Then the bridge file is applied.

I now upload another 10 photos. If someone now clicks on "Show All Photos By This Member" will they see the last 10 photos or all 20? I'm just wondering how it gets around the change in the user ID numbers.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: What happens to existing members when you apply a bridge?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 08:43:03 am »

they will only see the last 10 uploads you did as mambo user, the "standalone user" and the mambo user are not related, how is coppermine to know they're the same. In fact, you will lose all "standalone users" when integrating. Alas there's no converter available that will convert all existing standalone users to mambo users. This is one of the drawbacks when you decide to integrate coppermine with another system (like a bbs or CMS) after it has been running as a standalone. The good news: if you undo the bridging, the users will still be there - they don't get deleted, they're just not taken into account.

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 07:44:39 pm »

You will find that if users have personal albums, they will be mixed up as well, i.e, if you have user id 25 in cpg, then this will now look as if the user 25 in your bbs owns this album.

I found when I integrated, that the easiest thing to do, was to edit the user ID's in the BBS db, to match those of the gallery.
This will be a real pain if you have lots of members.

If you do it the other way round, you will also have to edit the albums table as well.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 07:17:36 am »

test account please (non-admin).

Joachim

P.S. coppermine is usually being abbreviated as "cpg", but never as "cms", as "cms" usually stands for "content management system". Usually, people refer to mambo as being a CMS... ;)

mendel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 12:03:28 pm »

Hi Bugglerroller,

Could you give me some hints as to how to achieve what you've done on your site? I can't log in to CPG through mambo (it re-displays my site in the main text area). I use the staticXT component for mambo to display CPG, since it wouldn't play nice scaling the size of the iframe with the wrapper component. Adding an account to mambo made no difference, still can't login to CPG...

Any help appreciated!

Mendel

Rodinou

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Tournicoti, Tournicota
    • http://www.sortons.net
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 12:34:15 pm »

You will find that if users have personal albums, they will be mixed up as well, i.e, if you have user id 25 in cpg, then this will now look as if the user 25 in your bbs owns this album.

I found when I integrated, that the easiest thing to do, was to edit the user ID's in the BBS db, to match those of the gallery.
This will be a real pain if you have lots of members.

If you do it the other way round, you will also have to edit the albums table as well.

I have to bridge today ...

About 1000 users on PunBB
About 2500 users on CPG

I'm afraid of :)

buglerroller

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 05:22:00 am »

Hi Bugglerroller,

Could you give me some hints as to how to achieve what you've done on your site? I can't log in to CPG through mambo (it re-displays my site in the main text area). I use the staticXT component for mambo to display CPG, since it wouldn't play nice scaling the size of the iframe with the wrapper component. Adding an account to mambo made no difference, still can't login to CPG...

Any help appreciated!

Mendel

i really didnt have to bridge users since i just started the site 2 weeks ago. feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.