Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hide categories which user is not allowed to access  (Read 4944 times)

rufu

• Coppermine newbie
Hide categories which user is not allowed to access
« on: July 27, 2004, 04:07:50 pm »

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this.  I've got 3 categories (public, work & friends), and I want to restrict access to work and friends to people I assign to each group.  This I have managed restrict access by setting the prefs for each album, which is quite slow, but the remaining problem is that the list of categories + sub-categories still appears.

What I want to happen is for unregistered users just to see the public category, users assigned to the work group to see the public + work category, and for users assigned to the friends group to see the public + friends category.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Hide categories which user is not allowed to access
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 06:56:58 pm »

at the moment not possible without hacking the coppermine core code (index.php), php-knowledge required.

GauGau

buddhaa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 12:51:06 am »

I'm trying to do the same thing then Rufu, I thing it's an important feature to have. Those categories and albums are too much in the open for 'anon' to see.

Buddhaa

Oh, and how can I delete a dir created by CPG 1.2.1 with 755 chmod. I have no ssh access and ftp won't do it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 12:56:39 am by buddhaa »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:29:27 am »

If you can't delete files and folders with ftp you're stuck and will have to ask your webhost to do this for you.

GauGau

P.S. We have a "one question per thread" policy - please don't ask unrelated question on a thread, as you're sort of "hijacking" the original thread. Instead, if you can't find the answer to your question by searching the board and checking the coppermine docs, post a new thread on the relevant board.

skybax

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • SKYBAX Communications
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 04:07:12 pm »

Working on the category manager modding to make similar to the album properties feature,  adding a dropdown to allow categories to be viewable by certain groups. A hangup that I see right now is to make a category viewable to multiple groups and hidden from others, haven't figured how to bridge this yet.

Currently no code to post yet. Just an idea @ the moment with a rough sql statement. Working on the display aspect first. Other idea is to add a feature to select thumbnail (or leave blank) for category as well.

-T 8)
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skybax.com%2FhotImage%2Fpost_footer.gif&hash=338b65c57a59f0b06311094e697c87794e43d945)
Don't contact me for support over PM or email unless I requested you to do so. Instead: post on the proper board.

skyxliner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 12:43:47 pm »

I'm trying to do the same thing then Rufu, I thing it's an important feature to have. Those categories and albums are too much in the open for 'anon' to see.

Buddhaa

Oh, and how can I delete a dir created by CPG 1.2.1 with 755 chmod. I have no ssh access and ftp won't do it.

if you have cpanel, deleted from cpanel because somehow ftp doesn't allow me to delete folders sometimes
------------------------------------------------------------------
this seems to be a repeated thread topic, hope you guys at coppermine can add this feature. definetnely useful

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 07:57:30 am »

the question was not how to delete a category, it was "how to hide it". You should be able to delete categories using coppermine's built-in category manager.

GauGau

s2s-robert

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 10:17:13 pm »

Working on the category manager modding to make similar to the album properties feature,  adding a dropdown to allow categories to be viewable by certain groups. A hangup that I see right now is to make a category viewable to multiple groups and hidden from others, haven't figured how to bridge this yet.

-T 8)

Can't you create a sort of 'access table' where you store which groups / users have access to which categories? If you have a number for both albums and categories you could have only 1 table for both groups & users.

stace-FT

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 06:45:39 pm »

I can't even find a way to limit view access by album (and I've checked the FAQ and the documentation). What am I missing?

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 06:48:31 pm »

Enabled 'users can have private albums' in config ?

stace-FT

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 06:53:19 pm »

Thanks.

And I suppose that user and group permissions take care of users actually being able to upload stuff to albums they create? (I don't want them uploading or creating.)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 07:47:26 pm »

That's all done in group permissions.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.