Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting rainy day to sunny day  (Read 2662 times)

marian

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • BYM Photo Gallery
Converting rainy day to sunny day
« on: July 25, 2004, 11:56:50 pm »

I'm well into doing that, though it isn't finished & some changed gifs need tidying.
What I need to fix is that when you go to the site http://www.bymnews.com/photos/index.php you'll see that, as it starts to load, the old colour scheme starts to show up first and then gets covered. Clearly, this results in a slowdown - not a real prob on broadband, but I suspect it would be on a modem.
How do I get rid of the stuff it's trying to load that isn't needed.
When this theme is fully sorted I'll be happy to make it available, if anyone's interested.

jmc

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.hartlepoolcameraclub.co.uk
Re: Converting rainy day to sunny day
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 09:36:08 pm »

Hi, Marian!
Actually, I don't think there will be any performance hit with what you're seeing. Most likely, you're seeing the background colours of the html table cells loading first (as dictated by theme css file), which is then replaced when source/background images of a different colour are loaded by the browser. It's a case of determining where the cell bg colour is setup and editing that to suit!
Hope this helps!
BTW - Nice start! Gimme a shout anytime if I can help with smoothing those gifs!
John Mc
I'm trying hard... at least!

marian

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • BYM Photo Gallery
Re: Converting rainy day to sunny day
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 04:03:13 pm »

Thanks a lot John, I'll get around to fixing that background colour at the weekend, glad to know it isn't causing a performance prob.

Its very kind of you to offer to help with the raggy gifs, I may take you up on that after the weekend. I'm Ok with straight lines, but not very good on curved corners!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.