Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding pics to albums...  (Read 4631 times)

CelticAngel

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.thebuffysite.com
Adding pics to albums...
« on: October 21, 2003, 05:56:27 pm »

I have a bunch of pics I'm trying to sort into albums.  But when I do the Batch Add it sort of stalls halfway and never seems to complete.  Though sometimes when I check the album the pic is there.  Problem is I can't get any of the pages to fully load.  They just stop.  So I can't see for sure what files names go with what pictures and it's making it impossible to finish sorting them.  I've tried rebooting my computer but that's not helping.  Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Adding pics to albums...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 07:00:20 pm »

if the batch-add routine seems to be frozen halfway of ends up with broken images, just hit "reload" on your browser (also try a "force-reload" with [shift][f5]) - it has run into a time-out.
There are two critical time-out issues: one of your browser (depending mostly on you connection and the server) and one of your server (or actually the time a php process has got). Both time-outs differ greatly (depending, like I said on your connection speed and your browser), so it's hard to change anything in the script. Just try adding less pics in one go when batch-adding.

GauGau

John

• Coppermine regular visitor
Adding pics to albums...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 07:33:10 pm »

yah we had a few probs with timeouts, assume you have a virtual host and dont know what their time out settings are at? Maybe ask them to review and increase but not many will do this, sadly

CelticAngel

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.thebuffysite.com
Adding pics to albums...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 08:43:25 pm »

Ok, but I'm supposed to upload the pics to my server, in the userpics folder, right?  Then I go into the Batch Add and put them where I want them.  Now if I find more pics I want to put in there, upload them to the Userpics folder and go to Batch Add it pulls every single pic, including ones that have already been added into albums.  So how do I make it so that it's only getting the new ones and won't time out?

I have DSL, by the way and plenty of bandwidth so theoreticaly that's not a problem.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Adding pics to albums...
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 08:57:02 am »

when using ftp, you must not upload to userpics, but to any other folder within /albums (you're free to create as many folders and subfolders as you like, but leave userpics alone)

GauGau

arjandijk

• Coppermine newbie
Adding pics to albums...
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 12:35:36 am »

I've this problem too, but what setting can I change in my browser en what setting can I change on my server

arjandijk

• Coppermine newbie
Adding pics to albums...
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 05:10:29 pm »

someone?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Adding pics to albums...
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 05:18:45 pm »

Quote from: "CelticAngel"
Ok, but I'm supposed to upload the pics to my server, in the userpics folder, right?
No, wrong! In fact you should leave the userpics folder alone, like I mentioned and create folders within /albums.

@arjandijk: I don't understand the question, more details please!

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.