Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Won't allow users to create own albums  (Read 4546 times)

tahoebuff

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Won't allow users to create own albums
« on: July 24, 2004, 05:54:32 am »

I just installed 1.3 today. The problem I'm having is that it's only allowing me to create albums in the admin section. When I sign into user mode...I, nor my registered users can create their own albums. I went into "groups" and set the can create own album menu to yes. So, what am I doing wrong? There is no issues with uploading pics by the way...as long as it's in my premade administrative albums...

Hope it's some idiotic thing I'm missing....

Thanks,
Tahoebuff
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 07:55:12 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Won't allow users to create own albums
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 12:44:32 pm »

the settngs in "groups" doesn't say "User can create own album in public gallery", it says "Can have a personal gallery" and does exactly what it's labelled: when a user logs in (this is not the same if you click on user mode in admin menu, "user mode" just toggles your admin controls off), the user has three "user admin" buttons: "Create/order my albums",  "Modify my albums", "My profile". The user can create albums within his user gallery only, not in the public section where the admin can create categories and albums. This is a limitation that can not be overcome.
I advice you to take another look into the documentation that comes with coppermine, and to create a test user account for you. Use it to see what your users can actually do.

GauGau

tahoebuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 07:34:37 pm »

Thanks for your response. I fixed it. Question, is there a mod available to display the first thumbnail pic in user galleries?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 07:48:39 pm »

afaik there's a mod that does this for cpg1.2.1 You will surely have to change some bits to make it work with cpg1.3.x
Please search the mods board for details. Thanks.

GauGau

tahoebuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 07:52:36 pm »

Thanks for the response. I've come to realize that there is answers for just about everything in the forums. I've been reading up  ::) I'm just now getting my vision back from the snowblindness...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.