Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About copyright  (Read 3657 times)

jennc

• Coppermine newbie
About copyright
« on: July 26, 2004, 09:37:23 am »

hi! i new to coppermine and i found out that coppermine photo gallery is the best i ever seen among the others. So, i would like to use it  in my company website. but i not quite sure bout the coying term and condition cause this is my first time to publish on web for a company. The photo gallery is free to used by members but they have to pay for extra storage. May i know is it ok if i use it that way? do i need to add any new lines? such as copyright by broadTech@ , powered by coppermine.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: About copyright
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 09:57:36 am »

Coppermine is being released under GNU GPL, which means it can be used by companies for commercial purposes as well. It's your decision to charge users for additional webspace, no fiddling with the copyrights notices necessary. You're free to come up with additional footer information as well, as long as you don't obstruct the "powered by coppermine" notice or make people believe it was you who created the software. The term "copyright" can apply to various things on a webpage, but I wouldn't add a "Copyright by YourCompany" tag beneath it if you plan to just make it available for your members who then will upload their pics, as the content displayed on your page (the pics) will not be yours, but will be owned by your users (unless your terms and conditions say that the pics will be yours when a user decides to upload them to your site).

GauGau

jennc

• Coppermine newbie
Re: About copyright
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:24:58 pm »

Thank you GauGau  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.