Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete Fullsize Images Automatically When Intermediate is Created  (Read 4691 times)

mustang

• Coppermine newbie

I am running v1.2.1 on linux.
I have intermediate images turned on.
I'm using ImageMagick.
I've disable the "Click to View Full Size Image" feature.

Currently I have no need for the fullsize image. They only take up space. I am aware of that they can be deleted using the "Resize Image" feature. However, I'd like to eliminate the extra step. I'd like to automatically delete the fullsize image after the image is uploaded and the intermediate image is created.

I've reade a few other threads here that mention editing the 'picmgmt.inc.php' file to accomplish this. But I can't find any specifics on how to do this. I've made several attempts, but none have worked. Does anyone here know how to make this work?

Mustang

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Delete Fullsize Images Automatically When Intermediate is Created
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 09:47:03 am »

We're currently working on the feature you're requesting (delete fullsize pic during upload process) to be a feature in the next version of coppermine (cpg1.4.0). In other words: this feature isn't available yet. You'll either have to code it for yourself or live with the extra step in "resize pictures". Sorry.

GauGau

P.S. Upgrading to cpg1.3.1 is recommended nevertheless.

callahan

• Coppermine newbie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.