Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users and Categories  (Read 3423 times)

pix

• Coppermine newbie
Users and Categories
« on: July 23, 2004, 01:11:19 am »

Our gallery has sub categories representing cities (e.g. LA, New York, etc.).  We want our members (i.e. registered users to be able to post albums to their particular city.  As far as I can see only the admin can post to categories and all others can only post to the User Gallery.  Any way to let members post to sub-categories?

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Users and Categories
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 09:44:32 am »

You can set up users to be able to upload files to albums in the public category. You'll have to specify for the user's group they should be able to do so (use the groups manager from the admin menu, set "Can upload files" to "Yes" for registered users). Then you'll have to specify to which album they should be able to upload. Click "properties" next to the album thumbnail and set "Visitors can upload files" to "Yes".
This is all in the documentation that comes with coppermine, please check there first.

GauGau

pix

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 11:09:57 am »

Hello GauGau,

I want people to create and post to their own albums in the appropriate city category and not just upload pictures to an existing album.  I wouldn't know in advance the events they'll be posting pictures for and don't want to be an intermediary step of creating an album for each, setting it's properties, etc.

I didn't see any way to do that from the documentation and hence my asking.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 11:18:52 am »

this simply isn't possible, users can't create albums in public galleries at the moment. Let them create albums in their user galleries  as a workaround (you as admin will have to move them afterwards). I understand that you'd like to see this feature, but it's currently just not possible, sorry.

GauGau

pix

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 11:31:09 am »

Hello GauGau,

Thanks for the quick reply.  A couple of users have created albums.  When I go to the edit properties page for each, i see that the "Album category" is set to   "User Gallery" but is not a popup that would allow me to change it to another category.  How would I move the album as admin?  Do you mean physically move the directory of their pictures to the "albums" directory and define a new album?  Or something else?

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 11:46:25 am »

no, I meant editing the pics they uploaded using the coppermine user interface and move the pics to an album in the public gallery (you will have to create an appropriate one first).
Do not move the pics ont he server around with ftp, this would break your gallery.

GauGauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.