Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Migrating from one server to another  (Read 7359 times)

virtuaffinity

• Coppermine newbie
Migrating from one server to another
« on: July 22, 2004, 04:04:26 pm »

Hi All,
I have been running two galleries on http://www.tangled.info for a year now and have had no problems at all.

However I notice it is time for me to upgrade which looks straight forward enough.

The main problem is the entire site is moving to a different server tomorrow and I can't find any instructions on how to migrate the galleries.

Any help would be much appreciated,
TIA

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Migrating from one server to another
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 08:16:17 pm »

Copy all you files, keeping the structure intact, and put them on the new server.
Do a database dump, and copy that to your new database.
Edit the include/config.inc.php file, with your new details.

That should be it.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

virtuaffinity

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:17:39 pm »

Thanks for that, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Gilou

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 12:10:26 am »

And what if the structure change ? I'll have to migrate, and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep the structure ...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 06:58:53 am »

you can rename the coppermine folder, and it doesn't matter in what postion (relative to the webroot) it is, as long as you keep the folder structure within coppermine intact. The files/pics that have been uploaded to coppermine's database are being stored with a relative path to the albums directory, that's why you can move coppermine around. After migrating, you have to go to config and change "Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards" as well to match the new url.

GauGau

davew666

• Coppermine newbie
    • My Coppermine Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 03:31:38 pm »

I have just migrated my gallery from one server to another. It seems to be working ok from a browsing point of view, but I cannot upload any photos.

I moved all the files, I did a SQL backup of the database, and restored that and then altered the config file to log in to the new database. I also altered the rights of the albums and include folders to be 755 (and then 777 just to test!).

When I try and upload a photo though, it appears to work but when I get the prompt for filling in the title and description, the thumbnail is broken, and if I accept the information on that screen, I get a message saying that the previous photo could not be placed.

Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 06:40:26 pm »

enable debug mode in coppermine config, switch to single file uploads in groups and try to upload again - should give you a detailed error what actually fails.

Joachim

ian2003

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Migrating from one server to another imagemagice
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 05:41:08 pm »

Hi

I migrated system to another, But I have problem on imageMagice, I installed Imagemagice6.2.3, and changed configuration on forum, but I still can't use admin tool to resize images. any help?

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 07:10:32 pm »

any reason for trying to hijack a long-dead thread that probably doesn't even deal with your coppermine version? None that I could think of. Locking this thread, sztart your own one on the proper board. Use some common sense in your new thread - you should post a link to your page with it. It's a good idea to read the docs first as well, especially the upload troubleshooting section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.