Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [devel version only]: Password protect albums  (Read 5927 times)

SaigonK

• Coppermine regular visitor
[devel version only]: Password protect albums
« on: July 06, 2004, 12:54:27 pm »

This post is really for Tarique, i noticed in the CVS you added this feature, I added it to my setup, but it doesnt seem to work.
Or at least i dont see how it is supposed to work. :)

I see the field in the album config for what i think is a password (it isnt labeled but if you type in it it doesnt show what you are typing) I added a password but if i logout and access the gallery like a normal visitor, i can still see the album and it doesnt request a password, etc.

Any thoughts?
I know this is part of the CVS and isnt "production" but it is a feature i think is very useful.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 09:08:05 am by GauGau »

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Re: Password protect albums
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 01:13:18 pm »

Well devel CVS is not supported and niether it is for casual PHP programmers.

That said - all I can add is - check out once more (changes are in no less than 10 files or so I think ;) may be less or more) - run update.php and try again - if it works great, if it does not then please fix it and let us know what the problem was :)
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

SaigonK

• Coppermine regular visitor
Password protected albums
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 01:27:20 pm »

Also, I know it is dev, but any more luck on the password protected directories working?
It's a feature i would love to have implemented at my site, without having to implement private albums

[edit gaugau]
split this posting out of the thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8037.0
[/edit]
[/b]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 02:58:29 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Password protected albums
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 08:36:12 pm »

Also, I know it is dev, but any more luck on the password protected directories working?
It's a feature i would love to have implemented at my site, without having to implement private albums
Don't hijack threads, especially not on the bugs board! If you want to find out about dev versions, you will have to checkout the cvs (there's no support for dev versions!).

GauGau

[edit gaugau]
split this posting out of the thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8037.0
[/edit]
[/b]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 02:58:52 pm by GauGau »

high-5

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 02:53:36 pm »

I also tried the changes for password protected albums in devel CVS with no luck - same problem then SaigonK.

But maybe i found a bug in thumbnails.php.
You use
Code: [Select]
$password = $HTTP_POST_VARS['password'];which i think should be
$password = $HTTP_POST_VARS['alb_password'];For me it doesn't work anyway, but maybe it's helpful for your developements

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 03:06:43 pm »

@SaigonK: I applied some "surgery" to split your postings related to album password protection out of the thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8037.0 and inserted it into this thread. Don't!

@All: it's a dev feature, it comes without support. We won't even explain how to use it (that would be support). If you can contribute (like high-5 tried to), you're welcome to do so. All requests demanding explanation or support will be ignored.

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 03:45:16 pm »

$password = $HTTP_POST_VARS['alb_password'];For me it doesn't work anyway, but maybe it's helpful for your developements
Thanks - we caught that one and fixed it - the anon CVS check out lags behind by a couple of days....

high-5

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 09:04:34 am »

Finally i got the password thing from anon cvs to work.  8)
I know, it's in dev, so far it works for me if i enable private galeries.
I see the field in the album config for what i think is a password (it isnt labeled but if you type in it it doesnt show what you are typing) I added a password but if i logout and access the gallery like a normal visitor, i can still see the album and it doesnt request a password, etc.
You also have to modify the language files. Search /lang/english.php for the diffs of Tarique Sani to see how. Normal users have to try to access the protected album by a direct link for the first time. After entering the right pw they will see this album in the normal view.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 11:14:55 am »

You also have to modify the language files. Search /lang/english.php for the diffs of Tarique Sani to see how. Normal users have to try to access the protected album by a direct link for the first time. After entering the right pw they will see this album in the normal view.

In a somewhat related note - languages should now fall back to English if a translation is not found for most phrases (those which are in arrays)

P.S. All warnings about being a development feature still apply :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.