Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!New to Coppermine  (Read 4102 times)

chocolatemilk

• Coppermine newbie
Help!New to Coppermine
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:57:48 pm »

Hi :) I didn't know where to post this as i'm new here.i'm really interested in having a gallery but i have no idea what to do.Do you just download the one you want to pick,then upload it all somewhere?If so,can you tell me where?
Also does it cost anything? :) Sorry for all the q's i just have no idea what to do,really hope you can help me. :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help!New to Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:52:54 am »

chocolatemilk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 04:20:44 pm »

Thanks a lot. :)

marian

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • BYM Photo Gallery
Bit of advice ChocolateMilk
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 09:36:42 pm »

We seem to have something in common - not knowing much ;) - so I'll give you my pennorth.

Dont bother looking further for a gallery, Coppermine is very easy for a beginner to get going. I also think its pretty unbeatable in terms of speed, quality, etc.

My webhost offers Fantastico for installations, so if yours does that will be a snip. Mine was so quick I could scarcely believe it had happened!

Good luck.

chocolatemilk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 03:14:48 pm »

Aww thanks very much for that Marian  :) that's excellant :-* i've got hundreds and hundreds of pictures,is there plenty of space? :)
Also if it's not too much trouble,could u tell me if it costs anything,if so how much?As i'm short on money right now.
I don't know where ti upload it to,could u tell me what you did if possible :) don't worry if u can't. :)
Hope u don't mind all the q's. :)

marian

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • BYM Photo Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 03:47:11 pm »

Aww thanks very much for that Marian  :) that's excellant :-* i've got hundreds and hundreds of pictures,is there plenty of space? :)
Also if it's not too much trouble,could u tell me if it costs anything,if so how much?As i'm short on money right now.
I don't know where ti upload it to,could u tell me what you did if possible :) don't worry if u can't. :)
Hope u don't mind all the q's. :)
I seem to have confused you! What I was trying to say was that, as a beginner, you would find it useful to have your web site hosted with a company that offers automatic intallations using Fantastico. The one I'm with is www.hostito.com   Their packages start at $7.95 per month, for which you would get Web hosting plus e-mail, including free setup plus a free domain name if you dont have one already!
Once you have your site on a site which offers Fantastico, you simply click on "Install Coppermine" and the installation is done automatically. Then you can upload thousands & thousands of pics.
Hope that explains things better.
Cheers Marian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.