Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload approval notification by email (how about now gaugau? :P)  (Read 5137 times)

erroneus

• Coppermine regular visitor

EDIT: I have a new solution to improve on what I originally requested, since GauGau said in a post below
Actually, all requests that deal with emails being sent because some event triggered it doesn't rank very high on my priority list, as I receive more than 300 emails daily, and I'm reluctant to even raise the potential of receiving more
. He makes a good point here, but my reply to that now is: How about a simple Checkmark on/off button built-in to the field? Explanation right below..
---------------------
It would be a great addition IF:
When you click on the page to approve a picture, it gives you an extra field of a message (which can be edited) to send to the user's e-mail. It can already have a default message in that field though...for example:
Your picture has been approved for public view and can now be seen at www.lmtchatonline.com/gallery/picturelocation.jpg -Webmaster (but can be edited)

But it would also have like a checkmark box, and checkmarking it would indicate that you DO want to send them an email about the approval, while of course if uncheckmarked (which will be default), then do nothing. If implemented in a future release, this new addition could also be used to explain to a certain user of yours why you might have not approved their picture, whether it was because the photo was offensive or for whatever other reason.

Well I hope my explanation is understandable. This would be really useful for my site, and I hope others will find it useful for theirs also.  Your consideration of this new feature would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 08:47:42 am by erroneus »

erroneus

Re: Notify user of admin-approved picture by e-mail
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 05:55:19 am »

So I take it none of you find this useful in any way?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 10:17:50 am »

a "feature request" is what the name says: it suggests a feature for future versions. Did you expect that someone comes up with code ready to copy'n-paste, just after you posted the idea? You're welcome to look into the code, this feature is not that easy to implement (if at all). If you need it urgently, you will have to code it yourself.

GauGau

erroneus

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 04:22:19 pm »

Yes, I realize that. I'm not expecting anyone to reply with the code. All I wanted was some feedback on whether anyone would find this useful or not, or even better maybe a reply from you saying it's added on the To-Do list. :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 11:05:18 am »

actually, the "feature request" board is my todo list in a broader sense. If I feel I have lots of free time and I don't know what else to do, I browse the requests here and if I come across one I feel up to coding, I start doing it.
I didn't post "it's on the todo list" because actually it isn't. Actually, all requests that deal with emails being sent because some event triggered it doesn't rank very high on my priority list, as I receive more than 300 emails daily, and I'm reluctant to even raise the potential of receiving more ;)

GauGau

erroneus

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 12:21:13 pm »

haha. potential of receiving more? What coppermine gallery that you actually use out there do you not have administrator access to anyway? I'm sure if there's a coppermine gallery you actually use, you have admin access so you wont be receiving anymore email should this new feature be implemented. So please consider it when you're bored and have nothing else to do.  ;D Thanks!

erroneus

So come out theres gotta be at least  one person out there that would find this useful, haha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.