Support > cpg1.5 miscellaneous

Coppermine 1.5.10 and PHP 8.1

(1/4) > >>

shortmort37:
I have Coppermine bridged to phpBB, which I've recently upgraded to 3.3.10 because it was using PHP 7.4, which is going to be deprecated.  I'm able to switch to PHP 8.1, but that breaks coppermine.

I had this experience once before, related to mysqli; the solution was to modify includes/functions.inc.php to include this code:

--- Code: ---if (!function_exists('mysql_connect')) {
    require 'mysql_mysqli.inc.php';         //* adjust to correct path based on where you placed the file...
}
--- End code ---

I also added the file mysql_mysqli.inc.php to the includes path, and that fixed the issue.  That time.

Is there a similar, easy fix to be able to use PHP 8.1 - or, do I need to do a wholesale upgrade of coppermine to 1.6.x?

Thanks
Dan

shortmort37:
For what it's worth, my webserver reports a 500 Error when going to Coppermine via the bridge, after I've swapped PHP 8.1 in for PHP 7.4.

Dan

Joe Carver:

--- Quote from: shortmort37 on May 15, 2023, 06:47:26 pm ---Is there a similar, easy fix to be able to use PHP 8.1 - or, do I need to do a wholesale upgrade of coppermine to 1.6.x?

--- End quote ---
You'll need to upgrade. Review the docs before starting.

--- Quote from: shortmort37 on May 16, 2023, 03:08:02 am ---For what it's worth, my webserver reports a 500 Error when going to Coppermine via the bridge, after I've swapped PHP 8.1 in for PHP 7.4.

Dan

--- End quote ---
Could be caused by Coppermine itself, your theme or an incompatible plugin as examples.

shortmort37:

--- Quote from: Joe Carver on May 16, 2023, 06:16:40 pm ---You'll need to upgrade. Review the docs before starting.

--- End quote ---

OK, I will give that a shot.  I'll upgrade keeping PHP 7.4, and if that's successful attempt to switch to PHP 8.1.  I'll report my findings back here.

Do you know if the mysqli remediation I refer to at the beginning of this thread is addressed by 1.6.x - or, will I need to reapply it?

Dan

ron4mac:
You should upgrade your 1.5.10 gallery to 1.5.48.  Then you can use the installer stub to upgrade to 1.6.x.  CPG 1.6.x will take care of all mysqli and PHP 8 issues with your gallery.  Be aware that some plugins or themes may not be compatible with 1.6.x. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version