Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMF 2.0 Bridge error after update  (Read 3618 times)

totosfo

• Coppermine newbie
SMF 2.0 Bridge error after update
« on: August 30, 2023, 04:29:41 pm »

Hi all,

unfortunately I don't seem to have write permissions in the bridging board, so I post my question here:

I' currently running CPG 1.6.06 bridged with SMF 2.0.9 on a managed server, using PHP 7.6. Now I'm migrating the whole website to a new host where the use of at least PHP 8 is enforced.

So I upgraded CPG to the latest version 1.6.25 with now issues, I just had to use a different template to get it running. However, as soon as I enable the bridge to SMF 2.0 I get the following error:

Fatal error: Declaration of cpg_udb::view_profile() must be compatible with core_udb::view_profile($uid) in /pages/39/19/d0016534/home/htdocs/cpg/1.6.x_test/bridge/smf20.inc.php on line 283

On the old server SMF and CPG used to be in separate databases, just to rule out any issues I moved both to a single database but the issue persists. Google didn't help (just one hit) - any ideas?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Thomas

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: SMF 2.0 Bridge error after update
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 04:53:14 pm »

In the file bridge/smf20.inc.php, replace line 283
Code: [Select]
        function view_profile()with
Code: [Select]
        function view_profile($uid)

totosfo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: SMF 2.0 Bridge error after update
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 11:05:57 pm »

Thank you very much, that's an easy one. Guessed that, but didn't dare as it was somehow too easy.

Sorry for not replying earlier, I did run into more trouble during this server migration so I was quite busy.
Best regards,

Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.