Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated html5slideshow plugin  (Read 3496 times)

406man

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Updated html5slideshow plugin
« on: April 08, 2023, 04:30:06 pm »

The html5slideshow plugin has some neat features and works well overall but there were a couple of things with it that meant that my gallery users would be unhappy:
  • The photographer’s name isn’t displayed
  • The image is partly overwritten at the top by the image description.
I’ve implemented changes to address the items above and made some other enhancements as well. The main one was to increase the size of the slide show control icons to 24px high as I thought the current ones at 16px were uncomfortably small. The configuration screen switches between them and automatically makes suitable adjustments. I’ve included the Photoshop .psd file in case anyone wants to make more changes to the icons and create a new .png file. Another enhancement is that the plugin now picks up the CSS file of the theme so that the font used in the slide show matches the rest of the gallery. I added version management headers to the files that I changed. The revised plugin is version 1.5.0. I’ve tested it with CPG 1.6.22   It will probably work with older versions of 1.6.x

Other users are encouraged to install this version and feed back here what they think. As usual with this particular plugin any previous version has to be uninstalled using the Admin menu before this version is copied into the plugins directory and installed.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Updated html5slideshow plugin
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 02:11:58 pm »

Generally, when people would like to see new changes and features in a plugin authored by an active member of the community here, they pose their requests and suggestions to the author ... who may then likely graciously update their plugin. You have somewhat commandeered my plugin here ... kind of making it your own. I'll leave this submission here and not delete it, but I won't move it to Plugin Contributions.

Contributed plugins are not part of the CPG package and should not have versioning attribution that states as such.

Your added border should be optional ... perhaps with color and width. When I have time, I'll look at your version in more detail and likely add the features to my plugin.

Note: I would have less objection if you just name your version something else and not have its configuration interfere with my version(s).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.