Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration email not working  (Read 4637 times)

Legacies

• Coppermine newbie
Registration email not working
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:44:12 am »

On Coppermine 1.6.19, we are having a problem with mail NOT being sent out to new users that try to register.

The contact form works fine, however the New User Registration is NOT sending out any email.

Our script is located in a subdirectory.

We found the following errors in the logs for that server:
22-Sep-2022 10:33:56 -0500]: <4851748e> PHP Error: Request security check failed (POST /cpsess0127539898/3rdparty/roundcube/index.php?_task=mail&_action=refresh)
[22-Sep-2022 10:44:43 -0500]: <99379e5b> PHP Error: Request security check failed (POST /cpsess0127539898/3rdparty/roundcube/index.php?_task=mail&_action=refresh)
[22-Sep-2022 10:54:05 -0500]: <d1795878> PHP Error: Request security check failed (POST /cpsess8332004213/3rdparty/roundcube/index.php?_task=mail&_action=refresh)

I also found this error.

<<Sep 24, 2022 am30 01:20 AM - While executing query 'SELECT cid FROM cpgan_categories WHERE lft BETWEEN AND ' in include/functions.inc.php on line 49 the following error was encountered:
1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND' at line 1>>

we contacted our tech support for our server and asked them to check it out and were told,
<<The error indicate that there is an issue with the sintax itself and/or the MYSQL version of the server. That said I would like to note that currently your server is running on MYSQL version 8.0.30. Moreover change in the MYSQL version is not possible as your account is located on one of our shared hosting servers. >>

So, does anyone here have any clue as to why Coppermine is sending mail on the contact forum but not for new registrations?

I might also mention that when someone tries to register, there is no message being displayed to the user, indicating if their registration was accepted, or telling them to check their email to authorize it, or anything else.

WE CAN add new users manually, but we are concerned about our reputation when people try to register and get no response from the program or us, if we don’t know they are trying to register.

Thanks.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Registration email not working
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 02:51:08 pm »

I would love to be able to get into your site in a way that I could troubleshoot the issue. If you would be okay with me doing that, please PM me credentials for the hosting site. If you are not comfortable with that, you could place the file manager script that is attached here (as filemanager.php) in the root of your gallery. That file will allow only me to browse your files and make modifications. And, if you don't provide me with an admin login to the gallery, I will be making a temporary one for myself.

Of course, I'll need a link to your gallery. If you would rather it not be public, please PM me a link.

artman1913

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 04:35:56 pm »

Sounds to me like its a registration problem like I had.

Mine was a PHP version thing being more strict than before.

Have a look at https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,80545.msg389551.html

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 06:07:42 pm »

Have a look at https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,80545.msg389551.html

Oh my (brain fart) ... sorry @Legacies. I forgot this fix is not in 1.6.19. Please see if you can make the change described in that thread to see if it solves the problem.
Thanks, @artman1913.
I guess 1.6.20 should be released soon.

Legacies

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 06:52:36 pm »

Ron4mac: Thank you for responding.

I tried the change you suggested, however it still did not work.
But at least this time, we did receive an error message instead of a blank screen.

Here is the error.
<<Critical error
The registration confirmation email can't be send!>>

Below is a copy of the code on 489 that we changed and the line 490, 491 that we did NOT change

489: if ($result->numRows(true)) {
490:     $error = '<li style="list-style-image:url(images/icons/stop.png)">' .    $lang_register_php['err_user_exists'] . '</li>';
491:        return false;

Thanks for any additional advise.

Legacies

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 07:03:57 pm »

UPDATE:
In spite of the error message we received when trying to register, the test user registration DID show up in the USER MANAGER section as a non-active user.

So, at least we are one step closer and could live with us approving all new registrations, (even though we don't have that setting ticked.) However we still don't want that error displayed to the person trying to register.

artman1913

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 10:14:38 pm »

I also had email issues but it was affecting all coppermine emails so this may not be your problem.

My server is using Exim 4.95 and you can tell if this is your problem as well by looking at any emails you get from it by looking at the full headers of the email.

If you click on password recovery for your account do you get that email ?

I changed to SMTPAUTH on the mail settings to work around the issue.

artman1913

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 10:23:46 pm »

IE filled out the following fields

SMTP Host (when left blank, sendmail will be used)
SMTP Username
SMTP Password

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 02:46:03 pm »

I saw that you are configured for SMTP mail use. I turned on all logging to get a mail log, as well. In my attempts, doing a gallery Contact submission failed ... as did registration email. Looking at the CPG mail log, it seems to be a simple case of incorrect SMTP server credentials. If Contact was working before, you should return to the SMTP settings that were working then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.