Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many themes are available for 1.6x?  (Read 4195 times)

KchoPrro

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Adolfo Ventas - Naturaleza Andaluza
How many themes are available for 1.6x?
« on: August 07, 2022, 01:59:18 pm »

Hello friends!!. There are only two themes available for version 1.6x? I want to update from 1.5.48 to 1.6x but I use the "Chaoticsoul" theme and I don't want to lose it. I imagine that when I update I will not be able to use my current theme, correct?  ::)

I am sorry that Coppermine Gallery has become somewhat old, I imagine that other platforms are more used today  :'(.

Thanks!  ;)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How many themes are available for 1.6x?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 06:38:56 pm »

The Chaoticsoul theme would just need 3-4 coding changes to work okay with CPG 1.6.x and PHP 7+.

Yes, CPG is old (and shows its age) ... but if you can find another self-hosted photo gallery package that is easy to setup and use, please let us know what it is.

KchoPrro

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 01:24:43 pm »

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend   :-[.

I'm sure there is nothing better today, I just want to say I have the feeling that users have been switching to other galleries. Years ago I saw many galleries with Coppermine, the forum itself had many entries and a lot of movement and even a photo in Spanish, but little by little the interest in users has been decreasing, I don't know why, it still seems like a perfect photo gallery to me for what I need (show photos and texts). I imagine that since there are fewer interested users, the photo gallery has also not evolved.

I will update to version 1.6x and see how my Chaoticsoul theme looks.

Thank you very much for answering  :-*.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 03:24:07 pm »

In the theme.php file for your theme, you will need to replace occurrences of mysql_.... with cpg_db_.... for it not to fail with CPG 1.6.x.

KchoPrro

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 07:47:33 pm »

In the theme.php file for your theme, you will need to replace occurrences of mysql_.... with cpg_db_.... for it not to fail with CPG 1.6.x.

Perfect! Indeed, my theme gave me an error when changing the PHP version of the server to 7.0 (with the php 5.6 version the theme was displayed correctly). I have modified what you have told me and "Chaoticsoul" works perfectly  ;) ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.