Support > cpg1.6 themes (visuals)

How many themes are available for 1.6x?

(1/1)

KchoPrro:
Hello friends!!. There are only two themes available for version 1.6x? I want to update from 1.5.48 to 1.6x but I use the "Chaoticsoul" theme and I don't want to lose it. I imagine that when I update I will not be able to use my current theme, correct?  ::)

I am sorry that Coppermine Gallery has become somewhat old, I imagine that other platforms are more used today  :'(.

Thanks!  ;)

ron4mac:
The Chaoticsoul theme would just need 3-4 coding changes to work okay with CPG 1.6.x and PHP 7+.

Yes, CPG is old (and shows its age) ... but if you can find another self-hosted photo gallery package that is easy to setup and use, please let us know what it is.

KchoPrro:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend   :-[.

I'm sure there is nothing better today, I just want to say I have the feeling that users have been switching to other galleries. Years ago I saw many galleries with Coppermine, the forum itself had many entries and a lot of movement and even a photo in Spanish, but little by little the interest in users has been decreasing, I don't know why, it still seems like a perfect photo gallery to me for what I need (show photos and texts). I imagine that since there are fewer interested users, the photo gallery has also not evolved.

I will update to version 1.6x and see how my Chaoticsoul theme looks.

Thank you very much for answering  :-*.

ron4mac:
In the theme.php file for your theme, you will need to replace occurrences of mysql_.... with cpg_db_.... for it not to fail with CPG 1.6.x.

KchoPrro:

--- Quote from: ron4mac on August 12, 2022, 03:24:07 pm ---In the theme.php file for your theme, you will need to replace occurrences of mysql_.... with cpg_db_.... for it not to fail with CPG 1.6.x.

--- End quote ---

Perfect! Indeed, my theme gave me an error when changing the PHP version of the server to 7.0 (with the php 5.6 version the theme was displayed correctly). I have modified what you have told me and "Chaoticsoul" works perfectly  ;) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version