Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install or Move Coppermine?  (Read 5818 times)

KchoPrro

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Adolfo Ventas - Naturaleza Andaluza
Install or Move Coppermine?
« on: August 06, 2022, 12:54:03 pm »

Hello friends;

My hosting has been closed, I have had time to make a backup of my Coppermine and the database. I have a new hosting and I am about to upload my Coppermine, should I install Coppermine from the beginning and then upload my modifications and database? Would it be enough to upload Coppermine from my computer without having to reinstall?

I have reviewed the documentation but I have not seen how to port coppermine, I have only seen how to install from scratch

Thank you very much

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Install or Move Coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 01:18:58 pm »

Is the link in your post signature to your current (new host) website? If so, and your database is in place, you should only need to upgrade to CPG 1.6.x

KchoPrro

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Adolfo Ventas - Naturaleza Andaluza
Re: Install or Move Coppermine?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 02:34:54 pm »

Is the link in your post signature to your current (new host) website? If so, and your database is in place, you should only need to upgrade to CPG 1.6.x

Thank you very much, I finally copied all the files and the database. I changed the data in Coppermine of the imported database but the web gave me an error. Finally, it was a problem with the PHP version, the new hosting used version 7.6 and I had to go down to 5.6.40.

I want to follow your advice and upgrade to Coppermine 1.6 but I think some plugins won't work. I see that miniCMS works in 1.6x, there is no plugin for LightBox, but it would not be a problem. I'll consider upgrading, thanks for the advice! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.