Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading php version 7.4 to 8.0  (Read 5432 times)

Phil85

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Photos et panoramas
Upgrading php version 7.4 to 8.0
« on: May 21, 2022, 07:08:43 pm »

Hello everyone

I already asked a question like this, I just upgraded from version 1.6.18 to 1.6.19 with php version 7.4 and did the update no worries, but then I wanted to change php version and upgrade to version 8.0 but I get an error message on my site:https://www.photos-et-panoramas.fr/copmine/index.php

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: strtolower() expects exactly 1 argument, 2 given in /htdocs/copmine/plugins/theme_switch/codebase.php:43 Stack trace: #0 /htdocs/copmine/plugins/theme_switch/codebase.php(43): strtolower(false, 'operamini') #1 /htdocs/copmine/include/plugin_api.inc.php(307): theme_switch_page_start(NULL) #2 /htdocs/copmine/include/init.inc.php(439): CPGPluginAPI::action('page_start', NULL) #3 /htdocs/copmine/index.php(22): require('/htdocs/copmine...') #4 {main} thrown in /htdocs/copmine/plugins/theme_switch/codebase.php on line 43Only solution back to version 7.4

Thanks for your help
Thanks at all for help.
Philippe
www.photos-et-panoramas.fr

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Upgrading php version 7.4 to 8.0
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 02:23:42 pm »

That appears to be not an issue with Coppermine core, but a problem with the theme switch plugin. Can you disable that and see if your site then works? If it does we can investigate upgrading the plugin.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Phil85

• Photos et panoramas
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 02:49:57 pm »

That appears to be not an issue with Coppermine core, but a problem with the theme switch plugin. Can you disable that and see if your site then works? If it does we can investigate upgrading the plugin.

Hello
Thank you for your help, is it possible to deactivate the plugin without access to the configuration page? Or do I have to go back to php 7.4 and deactivate the plugin then go back to 8.0 to perform the test?
Thanks again
Thanks at all for help.
Philippe

Phil85

• Photos et panoramas
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 04:28:55 pm »

Hello again everyone
I just deactivated the switch theme plugin, so I downgraded the php version to 7.4 and uninstalled the switch theme plugin, then I went back to php version 8.0, and the site works  photos-et-panoramas.fr.
It seems that the problem therefore comes from the plugin, I will monitor my site for a few days because the last time I tested version 8.0 of php my site was running under copermine version 1.6.10, since then many problems have been solved.
Version of plugin used v1.0  link to plugin
Soon a new version? ;)
Thanks for your help
Philippe
Thanks at all for help.
Philippe

Phil85

• Photos et panoramas
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 07:34:02 pm »

Hello everyone
After some research on the Copermine forum, I discovered yesterday that there is a version of the switch theme plugin v1.1, v1.0 was installed until today. So I installed this latest version v1.1 and it works, I monitored my site before putting this info here. It is a pity that we did not notice that a more recent version 1.1 existed I would have tested it immediately. But that's okay, the main thing is that it works. Thanks again.
Philippe
Thanks at all for help.
Philippe

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 03:04:17 pm »

My apologies for that, I too didn’t realise. I have added a link in the v1 thread and will tidy things up when I have some spare time. Thanks for coming back and taking the time to update.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Phil85

• Photos et panoramas
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 04:37:55 pm »

Thank Phill104
I allow myself to add a link to version 1.1 of the switch theme compatible with PHP 8.0.
No worries Phill104, the main thing as I said in the previous post is that the site works, thank you.
Philippe
Thanks at all for help.
Philippe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.