Support > cpg1.6 upgrading

Upgrading php version 7.4 to 8.0

(1/2) > >>

Phil85:
Hello everyone

I already asked a question like this, I just upgraded from version 1.6.18 to 1.6.19 with php version 7.4 and did the update no worries, but then I wanted to change php version and upgrade to version 8.0 but I get an error message on my site:https://www.photos-et-panoramas.fr/copmine/index.php

--- Code: ---Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: strtolower() expects exactly 1 argument, 2 given in /htdocs/copmine/plugins/theme_switch/codebase.php:43 Stack trace: #0 /htdocs/copmine/plugins/theme_switch/codebase.php(43): strtolower(false, 'operamini') #1 /htdocs/copmine/include/plugin_api.inc.php(307): theme_switch_page_start(NULL) #2 /htdocs/copmine/include/init.inc.php(439): CPGPluginAPI::action('page_start', NULL) #3 /htdocs/copmine/index.php(22): require('/htdocs/copmine...') #4 {main} thrown in /htdocs/copmine/plugins/theme_switch/codebase.php on line 43
--- End code ---
Only solution back to version 7.4

Thanks for your help

phill104:
That appears to be not an issue with Coppermine core, but a problem with the theme switch plugin. Can you disable that and see if your site then works? If it does we can investigate upgrading the plugin.

Phil85:

--- Quote from: phill104 on May 22, 2022, 02:23:42 pm ---That appears to be not an issue with Coppermine core, but a problem with the theme switch plugin. Can you disable that and see if your site then works? If it does we can investigate upgrading the plugin.

--- End quote ---

Hello
Thank you for your help, is it possible to deactivate the plugin without access to the configuration page? Or do I have to go back to php 7.4 and deactivate the plugin then go back to 8.0 to perform the test?
Thanks again

Phil85:

--- Quote from: phill104 on May 22, 2022, 02:23:42 pm ---That appears to be not an issue with Coppermine core, but a problem with the theme switch plugin. Can you disable that and see if your site then works? If it does we can investigate upgrading the plugin.

--- End quote ---

Hello again everyone
I just deactivated the switch theme plugin, so I downgraded the php version to 7.4 and uninstalled the switch theme plugin, then I went back to php version 8.0, and the site works  photos-et-panoramas.fr.
It seems that the problem therefore comes from the plugin, I will monitor my site for a few days because the last time I tested version 8.0 of php my site was running under copermine version 1.6.10, since then many problems have been solved.
Version of plugin used v1.0  link to plugin
Soon a new version? ;)
Thanks for your help
Philippe

Phil85:
Hello everyone
After some research on the Copermine forum, I discovered yesterday that there is a version of the switch theme plugin v1.1, v1.0 was installed until today. So I installed this latest version v1.1 and it works, I monitored my site before putting this info here. It is a pity that we did not notice that a more recent version 1.1 existed I would have tested it immediately. But that's okay, the main thing is that it works. Thanks again.
Philippe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version