Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning off random album  (Read 1601 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
Turning off random album
« on: May 19, 2022, 11:41:49 pm »

On my main page and on the category page there is a random (I think) album showing with 4 photos.  It's at the bottom of the page under the line that says something like "28 files in 6 albums and  9 categories with 0 comments viewed 191 times".  It does not show on the album pages.  I'd like to turn this totally off. I cannot find where the option is to turn it off.  I've looked in groups, admin tools, album categories, album properties and I've read every line in the Config at least 3 times.  I'm either not understanding what it's called or I'm just not finding it.

I did find the documentation on how to remove "random" & "lastup" under the "content of the main page" and assumed that it must be something similar to those. Mine is set as breadcrumb/catlist/alblist/2.

Here is a link to my page:

https://familytreasuresfound.com/index.php

Thank you!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Turning off random album
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 02:34:33 am »

Albums shown there are ones that have not been assigned to any specifically defined category. If you don't want anything there, make sure to assign all albums to a category.

treehstn

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 02:53:11 am »

I never would have guessed that would fix it!  Thank you!

None of the photos are showing up on the main page now but there's still a section that says Treehstn with no photos or anything else there.  How do I get rid of that?

Thank you so much!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 04:16:25 am »

None of the photos are showing up on the main page now but there's still a section that says Treehstn with no photos or anything else there.  How do I get rid of that?

Set the content of your main page to just breadcrumb/catlist ... getting rid of alblist/2

treehstn

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 06:29:21 am »

Perfect!  Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.