Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 403 error hide admin controls  (Read 5586 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
403 error hide admin controls
« on: March 08, 2022, 09:24:17 pm »

I have a brand new installation and am intermittently getting a 403 error when using the "hide admin controls" button under "my gallery".  The message says "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!"  The web address in the address bar when I get this message is https://familytreasuresfound.com/mode.php?admin_mode=1&referer=thumbnails.php%3Falbum%3Dlastup%26cat%3D0.

I looked up the permissions page in the documentation online and made sure that all of the folders & files that needed 777 permissions were set correctly.  I did have to change some of those but it hasn't affected the 403 issue.  I'm able to create categories & albums and upload pics without any error messages. I'm not sure where else to look for help with this and haven't found any posts at all in the forum or by googling that deal with this... I'm afraid that I might be missing something obvious but I sure don't know where to look next..

Thank you for all help!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: 403 error hide admin controls
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 09:34:24 pm »

The error is not from Coppermine, but from your hosting. You may need to approach them for assistance on this one.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

treehstn

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 06:59:17 pm »

I had to put this project on the back burner until now.  I've contacted the host and this is there reply:

Thank you for the reply. We were able to replicate the issue, but unfortunately, the logs do not, in-turn, provide any clarity as to the cause. Are you able to provide the exact information Coppermine Support suggested? We can also try running a script, if you'd like, that will automatically check for and correct and detected wrong file permissions.ownerships, though it is of note that any custom such permissions or file ownerships set will be affected.

If this was previously working, you can also try using Server Rewind to restore the site using this guide: https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/cpanel/cpanel-file-features/server-rewind/

Does this look like a file/folder permissions issue?  Any other ideas?

Thank you!

treehstn

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 07:04:08 pm »

Also... I'm getting the 403 error with "Show News" also.

treehstn

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 08:28:53 am »

This has been fixed!  I opened a ticket with my hosting support team and gave them a few ideas that I had found here on the CM board about 403 errors.  They took care of each of them and now I'm not getting any 403 errors.  But because they made 3 different changes I don't know which one was the actual issue.  Here's what they did just in case it helps someone else:

>> I have renamed the .htaccess file.
>> I have reset the file permissions.
>> Also, I have disabled the modsecurity.

This thread can be closed.  Thank you!

treehstn

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2023, 08:33:13 pm »

I think I spoke too soon on closing this.  The 403 errors are still gone but now I've got 2 new issues.  I'm not sure if the changes the hosting tech support made would have caused these:

1.  The "Upload File" link is gone for all users.  But it comes back for the Admin user if the SMF bridge is turned off.
2.  The "Check Versions" now has these errors that I did not notice before:

Path   Missing   Permissions   Version   Modified   Comment   Repository link

gifimages/vanity/h_valid-css.gif         n/a    Modified     File may be corrupt (or you have deliberately edited it).   
gifimages/vanity/h_valid-xhtml10.gif         n/a    Modified     File may be corrupt (or you have deliberately edited it).   

Granted I'm already having issues with the bridge and have a thread opened on that but as far as I know the above issues didn't show up until the changes the web host made...

https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,80709.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.