Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to run "Update thumbs and/or resized photos" in Admin Tools successfully  (Read 2701 times)

Hanna.

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • webstar

Hi all.

I've been using Coppermine since 2004, so I'm quite familiar with the tools I have at hand. There used to be a different updating thumbs/images back in the day where one could choose how many to update at a time, and when one image would fail - the URL would contain its ID and for troubleshooting - this was great, because I could fix that one image bugging and continue the updating tool from the next ID forward, successfully.

Today, however, I run this tool and it comes to a stop that gives no info on what image is stopping the process. When I delete all normal_ and thumb_ I find which one is bugging and I double check it - but the updater tool still keeps on stopping the process on it.

Can anyone help?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Is there any PHP error log information that you can provide?

Hanna.

• webstar

Is there any PHP error log information that you can provide?

How can I provide this to you? All I get is an error message. I will add it to here (running the Admin Tools again.)

Hanna.

• webstar

"There was an error while processing a database query Critical error"

Hanna.

• webstar

"There was an error while processing a database query Critical error"

All I see is that, and:

processTool(571,{"action":"upd_thumbs","updatetype":"0","albumid":"42","submit":"submit","form_token":"b5ac2b16583ebc412c5e8d9b58b5e056","timestamp":"1643651040"});

Where can I find the PHP error log information for you?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

You are getting a database error. At the bottom of the config settings, turn on debug mode. That should cause there to be more information in the database error message that could help define the issue.

Hanna.

• webstar

Here you go, this is what I see now:

While executing query 'UPDATE pfpix_pictures SET pwidth = '', pheight = '' WHERE pid = 1512' in tools/upd_thumbs/upd_thumbs.php on line 198

database error: 1366 : Incorrect integer value: '' for column `priscill_cpg`.`pfpix_pictures`.`pwidth` at row 1

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Replace tools/upd_thumbs/upd_thumbs.php with the attached file (unzipped). When you run the tool again, it should identify an image file that is bad.

Hanna.

• webstar

Ah! That now doesn't stop the tool from running. Instead, I'm getting "Could not get image size for:: albums/[url]/000194.jpg" which is very helpful.

Is there any way to select which images in albums to be updated via Admin Tools? Let's say now, I have fixed the original 000194.jpg and I need it to re-generate the normal_ and thumb_ without having to run the entire album of 500 images in there.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Is there any way to select which images in albums to be updated via Admin Tools?

No, it only works on an album at a time. You could maybe create a 'resize' album, move the image there, run the tool on the 'resize' album and then move the image back.

Hanna.

• webstar

Thank you! I will definitely use this!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.