Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading through the software  (Read 4333 times)

noquiexis

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrading through the software
« on: November 06, 2021, 03:14:29 pm »

Coppermine Upgrading documentation still says,
"To make this absolutely clear:

there is no such thing as a separate upgrade package - coppermine always comes as a complete package that can be used both for a fresh install as well as an upgrade.
"

However, since cpg1.6.x, the software does allow updates from within (see attached image). This would be 'the easy way' to upgrade, rather than replacing the entire package.

By the time I saw it, the update from CPG Release 1.6.13 showed two radio buttons (on page 2 of the update process) for

CPG Release 1.6.14 (4 Oct 2021)
and CPG Release 1.6.15 (8 Oct 2021) at the same time.

I selected the "CPG Release 1.6.14" update, but the "New Version" image did not reappear so that I could do the "CPG Release 1.6.15" update. Instead, I had to go 'the long way' to update to cpg1.6.15

My question is this: If one selected the radio button for the "CPG Release 1.6.15" update, would that update include the file changes for the "CPG Release 1.6.14" update? Should I have logged out of Coppermine, and then logged back in to see the "New Version" image?

As a long-time user of Simple Machines Forum software, I got used to doing incremental upgrades that allow the database to keep up with the changes. I assume that Coppermine would have the same requirement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.