Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to pick hosting for resources needed...  (Read 1354 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
Trying to pick hosting for resources needed...
« on: October 12, 2021, 10:58:30 pm »

I have a group that I'd like to help with building their site.  At present they have about 10K photos and will probably end up with 50K+ in the next couple of years.  While comparing types of hosting and different companies I'm finding several things that should probably help in picking the correct type and level of service.  The problem is that I have zero idea how to estimate those figures in relation to coppermine.  Here are some of the stats that the hosting companies list.  I'm just not sure how to figure out how much of these the site will need.  Or if there are any others that are going to make a difference. I understand the basic ones like server disk space and SDD vs. HDD etc. But these I'm not sure about...
Any help would be awesome!

Max Database Size
Max Database Usage
Max Database Tables
Max Concurrent MySQL Connections
Bandwidth/Transfer

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Trying to pick hosting for resources needed...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 04:13:58 am »

If they are projecting 50K images then the amount of storage space will be critical. For almost any hosting account that offers a large amount of storage space, there should be no concerns for those other metrics (the defaults will be adequate). There are some hosts that offer unlimited storage space ... but they usually have a reasonable use clause.

Avoid hosting with providers under the EIG umbrella.

Here are two that would probably be good choices:
A2Hosting
DreamHost
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.