Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Problem After Migration To New Server  (Read 2387 times)

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
New Problem After Migration To New Server
« on: August 20, 2021, 10:01:15 am »

Sorry for posting back-to-back topics, but this one is a bit of a bugger. The url of the gallery I'm talking about in this post is here: https://joncypher.org and it is currently running the latest stable version of 1.6.12.

So I have no idea what's going on so I have enabled debug mode. I think you'll see the problem when you go there. No images are showing and the theme is also not showing. I've tried using the provided Curve theme, but the same thing happens. I've dropped the tables and reuploaded the sql file through phpmyadmin, but again....nothing. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have never had this happen when I've migrated a site before.

Here is the interesting part. No images are showing in the gallery itself, yet they do show when I run the cpmfetch installation, and the latest images are showing on my Wordpress homepage here: https://joncypher.org. I'm completely at a loss.

NWN
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: New Problem After Migration To New Server
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 01:07:38 pm »

Your gallery folder and file permissions are bad. You need to set them properly for the new hosting account.

nowordneeded

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 01:57:22 pm »

Your gallery folder and file permissions are bad. You need to set them properly for the new hosting account.

Ron:

That's odd, because this is the eighth gallery I've moved and the permissions are the same on the other galleries. The main gallery folder is cmoded to 755. All indexes are to 644. And the uploads folder is set to 755. How could this have happened to this one gallery but not the others? A question: Would a clean install of Coppermine work to correct this, and then reupload the images and sql file to phpmyadmin?

Thanks.

NWN

nowordneeded

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 01:55:20 pm »

My webhost fixed the problem and now the gallery is displaying properly.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 01:23:23 pm »

Just for your information, in Linux you have different permissions layers. While you had correctly set the read and write permissions, there is a layer above that, file ownership. SE Linux is quite a complicated thing but in essence certain groups can be set to ignore the file permissions. So for instance you use a hosts tool to upload files then use an ftp tool to upload others they may be owned by different groups. The same can happen when an online script uploads files as they too can be owned by a different group. It is all done to increase protection but can cause lots of confusion and problems like yours. You should probably learn the CHOWN command to save you time in future.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nowordneeded

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 01:45:01 pm »

Phill:

My host said there was an extra .htaccess file in the file manager section that was conflicting with the way the gallery was displaying. Once it was gone the gallery displayed properly. Not sure where the extra .htaccess file came from, but......

NWN

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 02:01:16 pm »

Excellent stuff and glad you got it sorted. .htaccess is another thing that can affect permissions and ownership. It really is not easy unless you do it as part of your daily work.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.